“Best pasta dish I have ever had - seriously!” 4 of 5 bubbles
Review of The Patio Restaurant

The Patio Restaurant
Ranked #46 of 151 Restaurants in Lamai Beach
Cuisines: Asian, Thai, European
Good for: Large groups, Romantic, Business meetings, Families with children, Special occasions
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, Outdoor Seating, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Waitstaff
Description: Nice dining at Patio Restaurant.
Nottingham, United Kingdom
“Best pasta dish I have ever had - seriously!”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 9, 2011

My evening here had a strange start as it was recommended to me by a girl in one of the Thai massage parlours whilst I was waiting for my partner to finish her massage. It turned out it was practically next door to my hotel (Amarina Residence).

The setting is very cool: right on the beach with lots of water features, flame burners and mood lighting to get you in the mood. That said, the ambience was a little flat as we were the only people in there for about 30 minutes, but it was a bit fuller by the time we left.

The service was reasonable and on the whole friendly, although I got the impression the staff was slightly unimpressed with my t-shirt, shorts and sandals dress combination (but hey, it was 29 degrees and on a beach!).

By far the most important thing for me was the food. The black-ink fettucini I had was simply excellent and is without doubt the best pasta dish I've eaten anywhere in the world. The calamari starter was good, but just not in the same league.

Price-wise it was expensive in Thai terms (about 1700 bht for 2 starters, 2 mains, a beer and a cocktail) but certainly not in terms of a UK night out.

If just for the pasta dish, I think it has to be worth a look!

• Visited September 2011

• Greek first
  • Thai first
Cork, Ireland
“Good food, service & location”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 22, 2011

We arranged to eat at the Patio for our last night in Samui. When we tried to make a reversion the tables next to the beach were already booked, but the waiter was happy to move a table to give us a nice view of the beach etc. For the meal it's self I had th duck red curry which was hot but really nice. The starters were both very nice also.

• Visited August 2011
London
“Great location, average quality food and very pricey”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 1, 2011

The food is certainly not as good as other reviews have stated. Yes, the location is superb but we both found our food of a basic quality, especially considering the prices they were charging. The wine list was extensive but also ridiculously over-priced. All-in-all if you want a romantic setting on the beach and are happy to pay over the odds then this place is for you. 3 stars only because of the location.

• Visited July 2011
    • 1 of 5 bubbles
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
1 Thank kward88
Scot in the MIdlands
“Look Out Bar - best view in Lamai.”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 10, 2011

I visited this restaurant for lunch on a Sunday. The layout of the resort is great, with the restaurant and amazingly-situated Lookout Bar arranged around the beach.

I ordered a vegetable green curry, which was the best I've had on this trip so far. Delicate but tasty. I followed this up with a fresh fruit platter which was again the best I've had on my trip so far. Lots of mango, pineapple, watermelon., mangosteen and banana. Of course it was expensive, but you could definitely tell the difference in quality compared with some other resorts in Lamai. It was also happy hour while I was there so half price on alcohol.

A couple of downsides:

The menu prices don't include either the mandatory service charge or local taxes, so you can bump the prices up by around 20%.

It also took 30 minutes for me to get my bill. I didn't mind so much since the view was great, the food had been good and the sun was out, but really this was too long.

• Visited July 2011
Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia
“Lovely place and good view.”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 11, 2011

I love the view from restaurant for panorama sea view of Lamai beach and the foods were definitely great. ! The Restaurant which outstanding design and very nice.

• Visited January 2011