Contact accommodation for availability.
There are similar hotels available.
See what travelers are saying:
Selected filters
Reviewed April 3, 2012

Less than a 2 minute walk to Lamai Beach, iBed is very clean, though a little bit pricey by normal hostel standards. Lamai is much quieter than the more popular Chawdeng Beach. I stayed here during low season - one night I'm pretty sure I was the only one staying at the hostel.

If you want to head over to Chawdeng to check out the shops/restaurants/beach, you can catch a songthaew there from right outside the hotel for pretty cheap. You can also catch one back from Chaweng once your there.

Check out the night markets a couple of hundred metres away from the hostel on Sundays (if i remember correctly). Awesome street food.

Room tip: Downstairs rooms tend to be a bit noisier
Date of stay: October 2011
Reviewed January 31, 2012

Located right near Lamai Beach, the I-Bed is a clean and modern backpackers. I really enjoyed my stay here. The rooms were clean, the beds were comfortable and even the communal bathroom and showers were decent. They even gave us a free upgrade! The only downside is that it is a bit noisy. You can hear the comings and goings of other guests all night!

Date of stay: January 2012
  • Trip type: Traveled with friends
1  Thank Olivia C
Reviewed January 27, 2012

This is one of the best hostels that I have stayed at. The facilities are great, centrally located, 2 minutes to the beach. Highly recommend for all, as the private rooms are as great and the dorms.

Breakfast is a little limited but awesome place to stay in Koh Samui.

Date of stay: January 2012
Reviewed January 14, 2012

This hostel seems like it was purpose-built with a lavish budget. It looks super cool, and facilities are very usable, if a bit worn and clunky at times.

The social environment didn't seem super great the nights I was there, but I was there at a quiet time (Bangkok floods).

Hostel guests have free access to the beach at the associated resort across the street, but I didn't take a look.

My main problem was the location. I think that most hostelers prefer be in Chaweng than Lamai, and transportation back and forth is not super cheap if you aren't in a big group. If you don't particularly need the social scene of a hostel, it might be better to check into one of the many resorts on Samui.

Security was questionable because they didn't have locking doors for the dorm rooms, and the doors from the front desk area into the rest of the hostel were often unlocked, even when the front desk was unattended at night. My private room did include a properly locking door as well as a basic room safe.

Date of stay: November 2011
2  Thank David M
Reviewed January 8, 2012

Ibed is about as good as it gets when it comes to hostel's in Asia! What a fantastic, modern, new property located in the heart of Lamai Beach. Our private room was clean, beds comfortable and A/C pumpin'! We stayed at i-bed over New Years and to celebrate the hostel was offering 'cheap' beer and mixed drinks which most of us enjoyed before heading out to Phangan or elsewhere. The kitchen and lounge areas in the hotel were very nice, and the sun loungers on the third floor were perfect for an early morning read before heading to the beach. My only two complaints are that the doors on the third floor where the private rooms are located slam shut and the noise echos down the hall. There are signs asking guests to hold the door closed but that doesn't seem to happen. Also, you have to leave your shoes at the front and unfortunately a pair of my sandals were stolen. I didn't complain to the hotel as they were black Havianas (a very common sandal) and could have easily been taken by mistake - not hostels problem - however the issue could have been avoided if we were able to bring our shoes to our rooms. Apart from this, I would recommend this place to anyone looking for a great quality hostel in Lamai!

Room tip: Fantastic!!!!!!!!
Date of stay: December 2011