Great central location and good sized rooms. That's the only positives. This was one of the worst hotels I have stayed at in Thailand.
On arrival the receptionist was unfriendly and was like that for our duration. The rooms were poorly cleaned. My daughter found a used cotton bud on the floor of the bathroom on arrival. Bed sheets were stained and felt unclean.
On 2 occasions we had to ask for our rooms to be cleaned at 4pm, despite being out for 4 or 5 hours. Toiletries were not replenished. We had to ask for loo rolls on 3 occasions.
The balconies varied from having 2 mismatching chairs to none at all. The balcony doors had large gaps enabling mosquitos to enter the room. We had to buy coils to keep them down. The wifi is limited to reception area and a few rooms close to reception. The coffee facilities was a kettle and paper cups in reception. There are definitely far better hotels in this price bracket.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Centra Coconut Beach Resort Samui is located on the secluded Thong Tanote Beach, on the south-western tip of Koh Samui, with views across to Koh Tan and Koh Mutsum, two renowned diving and snorkelling spots. Nestled amidst luxuriant surroundings the resort offers a variety of experiences with a choice of a comfortable stay in a room overlooking the pool or offering direct pool access, or greater comfort in villas situated steps away from the beachfront pool and the fine sands of the resort’s beach. Resort accommodation consists of 53 rooms and villas ranging from 44 to 63 square metres of living space including a furnished balcony or terrace, 23 rooms offer pool access providing additional comfort to all guests and the 7 villas feature a Jacuzzi, comfortable living space and garden or ocean viewsCense by Spa Cenvaree will offer holistic experiences as well as therapeutic and beauty treatments in a tranquil environment. There are several treatment rooms and two Jacuzzi rooms. Two swimming pools comprising one beachfront swimming pool and a longer pool flanked by the resort’s buildings. Activities outside the resort are aplenty and can be arranged via the tour desk.The resort’s all-day dining restaurant, Coconut restaurant, offers a eclectic mix of Thai and International cuisines together with great ocean vistas. A Beach Bar is situated adjacent to the Coconut Restaurant and serves cocktails and refreshments throughout the day.The resort is a 15-minute drive to popular Lamai Beach and Nathon Pier where ferries disembark from the mainland. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Hotwire, Orbitz, Priceline, Travelocity, Hotels.com, Agoda, TripOnline SA and HotelQuickly so you can book your Coconut Beach Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Coconut Beach Hotel Lamai Beach
- Coconut Beach Resort Ko Samui/Lamai Beach