Classic example of Thai son taking over the family business after university, except he knows NOTHING about running a resort. The hotel pricing for the bungalows is ridiculous, the hotel rooms are way overpriced. The pool can only be used by bungalow people for a fee-but who wants to walk on 100 degree platform. Breakfast is extra charge-definitely NOT worth it. The best part of the resort are the trees in front, but these are overrun with people NOT staying at the resort. People from other resorts take chairs off the bungalow porches and when it rains they go onto the bungalow porches for shelter and the management does nothing!!! There used to be a little white fence that kept outsiders out, but it washed away and the management is too cheap to replace it. Basically, the son pinches every penny, puts nothing into the property and keeps raising rates. There are way better places close by-Weekender-for a much better value and service. There is suppose to be free fruit, tea and coffee but the only thing that is ever replaced is the coffee. Oh, and now the son wants people to pay by credit card ONLY!! Outrageous when you consider foreign transaction fees. He should learn some bookkeeping skills. He is very nice, but is incompetent when it comes to running a business.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Centra Coconut Beach Resort Samui is located on the secluded Thong Tanote Beach, on the south-western tip of Koh Samui, with views across to Koh Tan and Koh Mutsum, two renowned diving and snorkelling spots. Nestled amidst luxuriant surroundings the resort offers a variety of experiences with a choice of a comfortable stay in a room overlooking the pool or offering direct pool access, or greater comfort in villas situated steps away from the beachfront pool and the fine sands of the resort’s beach. Resort accommodation consists of 53 rooms and villas ranging from 44 to 63 square metres of living space including a furnished balcony or terrace, 23 rooms offer pool access providing additional comfort to all guests and the 7 villas feature a Jacuzzi, comfortable living space and garden or ocean viewsCense by Spa Cenvaree will offer holistic experiences as well as therapeutic and beauty treatments in a tranquil environment. There are several treatment rooms and two Jacuzzi rooms. Two swimming pools comprising one beachfront swimming pool and a longer pool flanked by the resort’s buildings. Activities outside the resort are aplenty and can be arranged via the tour desk.The resort’s all-day dining restaurant, Coconut restaurant, offers a eclectic mix of Thai and International cuisines together with great ocean vistas. A Beach Bar is situated adjacent to the Coconut Restaurant and serves cocktails and refreshments throughout the day.The resort is a 15-minute drive to popular Lamai Beach and Nathon Pier where ferries disembark from the mainland. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Agoda, Hotels.com, Expedia, Ctrip TA, Travelocity, Priceline, Hotwire, getaroom.com, Orbitz, HotelQuickly, TripOnline SA and Cheap Tickets so you can book your Coconut Beach Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Coconut Beach Hotel Lamai Beach
- Coconut Beach Resort Ko Samui/Lamai Beach