We stayed at the Zara boutique hotel in July 2013 we had read quite a few of the reviews on here with regards to smells but found no problems at all. We stayed in the royal villa with a nice size pool with a large bath and plenty of storage. We overlooked the stream and the beach. The hotel just needs some updating and better service.
The downsides were decking lifting, pool only cleaned every few days, breakfast was not great we only ate 2 days out of 6. Staff uniforms a bit shabby.
But this is thailand, most things are rough around the edges.
It really would not take much to improve this hotel. Central location too don't miss the sunday night markets which is every week right outside the door.
Great food and alcohol and shopping. Overall a reasonable hotel just needs a bit of updating.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Zara Beach Resort, which has direct beach access, offers elegant villas with plunge pools and free Wi-Fi. It includes an outdoor swimming pool with a bar and sun loungers overlooking the beach. The villas at Zara Beach Resort are surrounded by gardens and have a private decking area. All of the living areas include a flat screen satellite TV and a large sofa also includes a minibar. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Agoda, Travelocity, Hotels.com, Orbitz, Ctrip TA, Hotwire, Cheap Tickets, TripOnline SA and Cancelon so you can book your Zara Beach Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Zara Beach Hotel Lamai Beach
- Zara Beach Resort Ko Samui/Lamai Beach