My girlfriend and I booked this hotel based on previous reviews on TripAdvisor. We had never been to Koh Samui before, going there was a spur of the moment decision from elsewhere in Thailand. We are certainly glad we made the journey, and even more happy that we chose Chaulty Towers as our home away from home. So much that we ended up doubling our time in Samui.
We were picked up from the ferry port by the owner Steve and his wife Ore free of charge as we were staying for a week. The hotel is located at Lamai which is about a half hour trip from the port. Upon arrival we were greeted by heads of security Rambo and Sam (Steves dogs) and were then shown to our room.
Our room was fantastic. The rooms at Chaulty Towers are clean comfortable and come with everything you need. The bed was nice and comfortable and the aircon worked a treat. You are provided with tea/coffee making facilities, lcd tv, dvd player, sound system and a security safe. Finally a dvd player to watch all the cheap movies we had accumulated during our trip! On top of all this, the pool is about 3 steps outside your front door! Next to the pool is a free to play pool table and a newly added Jacuzzi.
None of this is what would make uis come back to Chaulty Towers, its all about the hospitality. Steve, his wife and staff really do go out of their way to ensure your stay is comfortable and hassle free. Breakfast is served right up until around 1pm and you are able to have whatever you want whether it be Steves english breakfast, fresh baguettes, cereal etc. I left for Bangkok yesterday and am already missing that English breakfast.
The hotel is down a local rd on the outskirts of town, I'd say it probably takes about 10 minutes walk to get to the start of the main strip and about the same to the beach. Dont worry its an easy walk, not that it mattered anyway because Steve offered to take us in his car every single day! In addition to trips to the beach, we also tagged along for Steves music gigs in Lamai and the fishing village, and also went on a great island tour with Steve and some of his other guests.
Lamai is a great place and we definately prefer it to Chaweng. There is plenty of stuff going on but its small enough to escape easily when you have had enough. The ladyboy show and the Shamrock bars showband are must sees and alot of fun. If your going to lounge around on the beach, do so at Swing Bar. Cheap food and drinks, incredibly friendly staff and free sunbeds.
Thankyou very much Steve for your friendly and helpful nature and for helping to make our stay in Samui enjoyable. Good luck to you both with the new baby girl.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Small villa style hotel, husband (UK) and wife (Thai) owned and managed. Visitors arrive as guests and leave as friends and often return several times every year. Don't be fooled by our low price, our rooms are of a higher standard than some much more expensive hotels and resorts. Enjoy a cold beer at the pools edge, we also have BBQs every week. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Agoda, Booking.com, Hotels.com, Expedia, TripOnline SA, Orbitz, Hotwire, Travelocity and Cheap Tickets so you can book your Chaulty Towers reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Chaulty Towers Hotel Lamai Beach
- Chaulty Towers Ko Samui/Lamai Beach