Me and my partner stayed here in August after reading all the 'amazing' reviews!
We emailed and arranged the airport pick up - Steve didn't appear! On phoning him, there was no apology (this happened the next day when he realised he forgot) instead just a comment to get a taxi! Needless to say I was already peed off by the time I got to the hotel.
We were put in an upgraded room purely by chance. Steve's maid had booked someone else in ours. this may sound fab but we then had to move to our original room two days in as someone else was booked in the superior suite. this just proved to be a pain in the bum - not being able to unpack and moving from room to room. I would have rather been in the more simple room from the start.
The rooms are very basic. But, heh, you get what you pay for, and for the cost - the rooms were fine. Clean bedding, air con and a tv. Don't move any furniture mind you as they don't get moved by the cleaners! we didn't pay for breakfast included but we did have it one of the days and it was brill, with PG tips and marmite.
The hotel is a good walk from the beach but not a major problem in the day, a bit more so at night time when you are walking up tracks with no lights and lots of dogs!!!
The lifts to town were offered but we never asked. We did go and watch the Thai boxing but to be honest, I found it, and the offer of going on to another bar, all a little bit sleazy. We would have preferred to go to the boxing on our own and not witness the stereotypical British behaviour of our 'guide' and the other men from the hotel around the Thai girls!!!
If I had a bit of cash I would NOT stay here again, in fact, even minus the cash I wouldn't. Spend a few extra pounds and stay at some where that your girlfriend will feel a little more comfortable staying at.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Small villa style hotel, husband (UK) and wife (Thai) owned and managed. Visitors arrive as guests and leave as friends and often return several times every year. Don't be fooled by our low price, our rooms are of a higher standard than some much more expensive hotels and resorts. Enjoy a cold beer at the pools edge, we also have BBQs every week. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Hotwire, Expedia, Hotels.com, TripOnline SA, Travelocity, Agoda, HotelQuickly and Cheap Tickets so you can book your Chaulty Towers reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Chaulty Towers Hotel Lamai Beach
- Chaulty Towers Ko Samui/Lamai Beach