“Great staff, food, live music and atmosphere”
Review of Samui Shamrock

Samui Shamrock
Ranked #30 of 170 Restaurants in Lamai Beach
Cuisines: Irish
Good for: Bar scene, Large groups, Local cuisine
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Dinner, Lunch, Delivery, Reservations
Description: LAMAI BEACH NUMBER ONE LIVE ENTERTAINMENT Irish pub and restaurant live music. The ovada show band play every night from 9.30pm till 1.30am. playing a wide range of songs from the 80s till now. Our weekend roast's are a must. So give us a shout and enjoy our Entertainment and home made food. Regards The Management.
Reviewed October 10, 2013

I have been in Lamai Koh Sumui for the last few weeks on holidays.   Although I have been to some other places here that I have really enjoyed I found that I have kept coming back to the shamrock as my base.

The staff have been the highlight as they have always been very friendly and welcoming.   Even the atmosphere amongst the customers has been great and I have made some great new friends in the short time I have been here.

The food selection is quite good varying from various Western dishes to Thai food.   Although I haven't worked my way through the entire menu yet, everything I have ordered to date has been consistently very good (the pizzas are excellent).

I am a big fan of live music and the band is excellent and worth coming to see.

I find the stolen phone review giving the shamrock a 1 rating a bit absurd.   As the review said the food was fine and the thai staff great the entire review appears to be based solely on the missing phone.   In all of the bars I have been to in various countries I have never had a phone stolen as I simply employ common sense and keep the phone in front of me or in my pocket at all times.  The only way a phone can be stolen is to carelessly leave it unattended long enough that someone can grab it.   We can all have a momentary lapse of attention but if it did ever happened to me I couldn't imagine nailing a business in a review.  Any business should be reviewed based on the atmosphere,  service,  staff, food etc and not based on my failure to secure my own personal effects while in their establishment.

For those who can keep track of their own personal items I highly recommend trying the shamrock so you can judge for yourselves.  For those who can't keep track of their own property, I still recommend the shamrock but might also suggest switching to letter writing as your primary source of communication.

1  Thank Glenn E

Reviewed October 8, 2013

I ate there with my family recently. The food was fine, but I had my iPhone stolen whilst in there. I know this can happen anywhere, but the owners/management were extremely unhelpful in trying to figure out what had happened. The Thai staff were great, but be careful of the owners/managers here!!

Reviewed October 2, 2013

Had been to the Shamrock during our last visit to Samui about 5 years ago and were looking forward to going back again. We had breakfast and dinner on different occasions. and enjoyed spending the evening there. Drinks, music and any sporting event requested

Danny, his wife and staff are friendly and helpful. They really helped us enjoy our visit to Lamai. We felt like old friends by the time we were leaving the island.

look forward to seeing them all again.

thanks for everything lads

1  Thank powerIreland
Reviewed September 27, 2013

This is what an irish pub should be! Traditional hearty Irish and British fare with a smattering of Thai dishes that aim to please; the food is always delish and filling (read: very) I'm not a fan of live music - it's almost always bloody awful and awfully loud! *ahem**eg. Bondi* But Shamrock actually, by some weird miracle get it right. The singers are always intune - which should be a prerequisite but with limited talent on the island, it's not - and the song selections are perfect. At least that's judging by the throng of punters singing along top noise or getting down with the get down in front of the stage. Staff are plentiful and speak english well. If you feel like a good time and joining forces with others of the same mind; this is a great place for a pint, a plate and a jolly good time.

Reviewed September 23, 2013

had lunch on a lazy afternoon with cold kilkenny and erdinger. ordered a veggie burger and a pizza- both were yum. the mayo with the burger was great. service was reasonably fast but missed an aircon section during the afternoon. we were the only patrons at that time. service could've been better (smiles go a long way, especially after being pampered in other places in Thailand).