“Missing you very much”

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Lamai Beach
New Leaf Detox Resort
Reviewed November 11, 2012

I met Air during my training trips to Samui where I normally do a lot of Muay Thai, cycling and swimming. She provided me with a lot of valuable tips on where to cycle, where to get good massages, eat well and where to buy food.

Her knowledge and care for the well being of others was the reason why I decided to spend my next holiday at New Leaf Detox. Not because I wanted to lose weight, not because I wanted to quit smoking or drinking. But as a fairly sporty person, I felt I needed a time-out to clean myself from all the training, the bad air in Hong Kong, the (sometimes) bad quality of the food, when you eat outside and cannot choose the location and just to relax my body and mind.

To be honest I was a bit worried in advance that I would be bored or restless because I am so used to being active.

With mixed feelings I arrived and checked into my bungalow, which was far better than what I had normally stayed in during my holidays on Samui and I instantly felt like home.

The whole week I was beeing taken care of perfectly. The team was always around, had time to talk to everybody and we had some great discussions about sports and nutrition, where I learnt a lot from the tremendous knowledge of the team.

I did not get bored at all, there were plenty of activities to choose from during the day. My most favourite one was the ball balance yoga, which I was eagerly waiting for every day.

I also had a great time with all the other guests, having chats on our walks along the beach, sharing Muay Thai lessons together or just sitting in the "living room" together.

The juices, smoothies and soups were just delicious, all fresh, and nutrious, wonderful combinations.

All in all, a fantastic experience, not only if you want to lose weight but also if you just want to treat yourself.

Thanks you, Team New Leaf, I will be back for sure.

• Stayed: October 2012, traveled solo
There are newer reviews for New Leaf Detox Resort

Reviewed October 10, 2012

Well where do I start ? Like everyone about embark on a journey into the unknown I was a little apprehensive considering I booked for 28 days Transformation package. As you can tell I dont do things in halfs. I was meet by Robin one of the representatives of the resort on my arrival. He explained what the protocol was and how in detail the program worked. He offered a last supper in one of the local restaurants. I declined as I had prepared my body & mind before hand with a careful diet guilded by Air.
The best advice I can offer anyone is like life you only get back what you put in and if you give the program the benefit of the doubt it works. Give it 100% & you will get 200% back if not more like I did. The walks the Yoga and the Gym & the diet its not easy I had good days & bad ones but who doesnt . I am intending to return next year to put me back on track if I steer a little of the path of health & fittness & wellbeing. I forgot I lost 12KG & look and feel great . Good Luck & Enjoy?

Room Tip: When booking email Air the owner and request a quite room if one is avilable she will more then be h...
  • Stayed: September 2012, traveled solo
4  Thank Rome888
Reviewed June 13, 2012

Went to New Leaf very dubious about what to expect & came back feeling refreshed, healthy & a lot lighter!

The staff were lovely & extremely helpful, they just couldn't do enough for you.

I had a refurbished room & whilst they are working their way around the resort upgrading the rooms it is worth asking for one of the freshly done up ones.

Detoxing isn't for everyone & if you aren't prepared to join in & give it a go don't bother going.

Fantastic experience & would go back tomorrow if I had the chance!

• Stayed: February 2012, traveled solo
9  Thank Beth H
Reviewed May 25, 2012

I was not sure what to expect when I booked this detox as I had never done one before but was more than pleasantly suprised. The staff were amazingly helpful and supportive and it created a great environment for the group and I can honestly say I made some lifelong friends and some major changes to my diet and lifestyle. Will definitely be going back again!

• Stayed: May 2012, traveled solo
3  Thank Beth R
Reviewed May 15, 2012

i just got back from a detox at new leaf. having been to 2 prior detox resorts and one on the same island last year. i would say overall there were more positives than the negatives experienced. i have done stints in both 5-2 stars so the end of the day it was more of the program.

kudos to robin (aka raj) who would go above and beyond to get things done which really made the difference btw other resorts i have been.

well i think i would just summarize the pros and cons.

Pros
1. They had a decent detox program
2. They had excellent management staff (as in robin, greg etc) who would try to get things done without much issues to anyone else
3. that had activities such as the thai boxing in a nearby gym which is extra (give or take AUD100+ for 1 hour sessions for like 6-7 days) and you basically have personal training with muay thai fighters which were attended by a variety of ppl ard the world. i enjoyed this the most
4. there had an excellent massage place just outside the resort which were certified by the thailand traditonal medicine association so they really gave a a good massage and their many different types from milky, slimming, foot, thai, oil and manicures as well. The slimming massage was very extraodinary and nothing that i have experienced before.
5. AC was good - compared to the other resort i went to they only had fans.
6. the pool was very refreshing.
7. i enjoyed all the smoothies which was very different
8. the liver flush produced good results (eczema cleared up completely) although i was half dead and half alive during the process of rejuvenanting myself.

Cons
1. The design of the rooms are really bad. i am not expecting 5 star luxury but a room should have a desk to put your drinks wallet or any accessories you would want to locate rather than on a shelf or the bedside table . the toilets some have no rails for towels which made it difficult and resorted to hanging it on the sink. Also the same applies for the toilet rolls. Things like the rails are like a 10 minute job to put in australia. the beds are fine but the toilets are bad the sink is either all the way to the corner of the walls and so is the toilet. it just makes it difficult to do things which just comes down to bad design

2. The colemas need to be readdressed - too little water and the tub or whatever it is called is too small width wise and i nearly toppled over a couple of times

3. can't understand why the steam room was only on at 5:30pm as in other places i have been too they at least have 3 sessions a day to cater for different timetables.

4. furnishing was OK with the shelves but the one thing that was lacking is having a clock! when in a detox - u need a clock to know what time to do things, go for your drinks, massages, colemas or just everyday stuff. i feel it made it very difficult and made it just a bit more effort.

5. Some of the soups are good but some were pretty bland.

6. all the low level staff as in the cleaner need to be let off. i haven't seen that many mistakes in a resort, hotel, motel before. I lost underwear (wasn't fussed to chase it up). wrong clothes delivered, areas uncleaned (leading to cockroaches), towels unchanged, bed line unchanged. late colema cleaning meant if i needed to go to toilet i would have to do it outside (but with the renovations of the outside toilet meant no toilet). For a stressed out guy like me - i didn't think i would need to deal with these. at least give me a fair go for this.

i'm keen to detox every 6-8 months and still debating in my mind as to whether to come again to new leaf. well if all the negatives are addressed why not?

• Stayed: May 2012, traveled with friends
16  Thank melbournian888
Reviewed April 27, 2012

New Leaf Detox Resort is an ideal resort to start your a new healthier life.
I visited New Leaf last year and since then they made a lot of improvements, so the resort works almost perfect now.

The small bungalows are now nicely renovated…and though they are small you have everything you need. I stayed in a junior bungalow this time, just 15 square meters, sounds small, but it was enough…and there is TV, DVD, AC and new furniture. There are four junior bungalows. The other bungalows are about 20-25 square meters.
The WiFi is now working perfect in every room.

There has been a big improvement also when comes to the juices, smoothies and soups as well. Everything is really tasty. You loose weight, you feel great and you are not hungry.
Many other detox resorts don't serve any food at all, just supplements, and some of those taste horrible. Having little, but enough food makes you feel better and gives you more energy to do some exercise. When I visited another detox resort they actually told us not to exercise, just to focus on the detox. And I understand that. Because when you don't eat it is better to save you energy to the detox process.

It is also a nice atmosphere at the resort because there are no other people there just the ones who are in the same process as you. You meet people from all over the world and it is easy to make new friends.

The program is well balanced with daily walks and yoga and you can also go to the gym if you want. The swimming pool is wonderful and it is now totally chlorine free. When you swim in the pool you almost have a feeling swimming in a small lake in a jungle.

I have been attending the New Leaf program for four times during 18 month. During that time I lost 20 kilos…(november 2010, 101 kilos…April 2012, 81 kilos).

…but of course…after New Leaf you can not go back to your old lifestyle…if you do, you will soon loose all the benefits from the program.

So to every one who want to loose weight and begin a new, more healthy life stile this is the place to go.

Though if you want to do a program like this is a luxury environment this is not the place for you.

• Stayed: April 2012, traveled solo
5  Thank henryzon
Reviewed April 7, 2012

I stayed 17 days and prepared myself beforehand knowing that my main goal was to get back in shape!

15 days of fasting, morning walks, Yoga, supplements, colonic's and exercise helps you to rejuvenate and find the energy to implement a new life style when you get back home.

10 kilos less than when I arrived.....IT WORKED....!!

To visualize....Ask the very nice Mr. Robin to show you the 2 x 5 kilo bags of rice and hold them in your hands to see how that lost fat was a HEAVY load to carry around for your body.

It's now gone...burnt and flushed out by applying and following the New Leaf Program!

Do not go to this resort if you want a traditional beach vacation....This place is for serious people that want to get back the control of their life, body and health.

Its not just about the weight it is also the body toning that is important.

I LOST 10cm around my belly.....thats amazing.

I am now back in Canada energized and joined my local gym feeling capable now to participate in the activities offered here. I needed the head start in Koh Samui.

Sad to hear the last negative review of Mrs S but cannot judge the resort badly based on this rare incident....I find Thai people to be very Honest and Kind.

This is not a 5 star resort...it is more like a soft boot camp with rules that if you follow you will get the RESULTS! The resort is CLEAN and the accommodations adequate.

My favorite was the hot soups at dinner time. (Smart to offer this in the fasting)
You meet nice and interesting guests at this resort with a common goal.

ALL..... and I mean ALL the STAFF are wonderful, kind and happy to be of help towards you.

I am definitely planning to go back again for 21 days and I am getting friends and family to also join me. Health is precious.

Air, Robin, Eric, Aki and the Yoga teacher Sylvie...I MISS YOU ALL :(

Dear Air, Thank you for your passion and years of work building a wonderful program for us.

I will be BACK again!

Pavilion Samui Villas & Resort
Absolute Sanctuary
Absolute Sanctuary
#25 of 224 in Bophut

Been to New Leaf Detox Resort? Share your experiences!