New Leaf Detox Resort
Palm Coco Mantra(Lamai Beach)(Great Value!)
$39
$163
  • Pool
$113
LeMeridien.com
$292
$96
Beach Republic The Residences(Lamai Beach)(Great Value!)
$98
$86
Rocky's Boutique Resort(Lamai Beach)
$99
$89
Lamai Wanta(Lamai Beach)(Great Value!)
$61
$42
Agoda.com
Thai House Beach Resort(Lamai Beach)(Great Value!)
$84
$66
Banyan Tree Samui(Lamai Beach)
$739
$614
$505
$192
Trip.com
All reviewsweight losssoupswater aerobicsliver flushdaily massageslife changing experiencegreat resultspersonal trainingsteam roomfresh startother gueststhai kick boxingjuices and smoothieshealthy lifestylelime waterepsom saltsfelt incredibly
Reviewed March 3, 2012

With series of issues in personal life, I was completely stressed. After a long research I decided to go for a detox holiday at the new leaf. it was a life changing exp for me,I lost 8kgs in 7 days and feel very good and positive, my blood pressure which use to be bit high is also normal now. I have understood the importance of yoga and exercise in my life and still regularly exercise to keep myself fit. After going back to Dubai, my wife was very happy and could see lot of positive changes in me. I had promised myself to visit the spa every year and keeping up my commitment, I will be leaving for my 2nd detox holiday this month. The team at new leaf are extremely friendly and they take excellent care of their guest. Specially Air the director of the SPA is personally involved and makes sure that all the guest are comfortable and enjoying their stay at the SPA.
Looking forward to meet everyone at new lea!!!!!

Room Tip: rooms facing the pool is v good,
  • Stayed: April 2011, traveled solo
1  Thank Ameet k
Reviewed March 2, 2012

What a fantasic experience! I signed up for the 21 day program January, 2012. (ended up extending for two additional days to 23.) I had decided that I needed to kick off the new year with a bang and get my health and my weight under control. I went there for weight loss, but learned so much more about the overall wellness that a specialty resort of this calibre can provide. I lost 10kg while at the resort and I have continued to drop the weight after returning home thanks to Air's fantastic cooking lessons and recipe's. I look great, I feel great all thanks to the wonderful staff and program at New Leaf.

Big hugs to the spa girls, particularly Joy who gifted me with a Bikini that I am now not ashamed to wear. Robin for all his organizational skills. KP for answering all of my questions in the early stages of booking, and the ease of traveling to this beautiful island paradise as a solo traveler. And my dear friend Air who is so full of energy, wit, and knowledge about the program. And all of the other staff that their names escape me.

You don't starve, you don't feel hungry! Beautiful fruit smoothies for breakfast and lunch and more soup that I could eat for dinner along with your health supplements.

You are not in a boot camp. you are free to roam around the town, go to the beach, shop and even take in a show! I met the most amazing people while on the program. Many of whom will be friends for life and that I do hope to see again.

Oh, and.... how great is this; I am no longer on my blood pressure medication with my new diet and weight loss.

My husband is so proud of my accomplishments. He is now interested in returning with me at some stage to do a similar program. I would go back in a heartbeat!

Every day was filled with activities if you wish to participate. We went for a lovely long walk in the mornings, yoga offered daily, kick boxing, meditation sessions, daily massages, health talks, cooking classes, island tours, etc.

Highlights for me? Other than the weight loss of course; I absolutely loved the cooking classes, really enjoyed the Thai kick boxing, the morning walks really was a great kick start to the day, getting my picture taken with a tiger, Dr. Fish, shopping for smaller sized clothes, and making new friends.

I researched many detox resorts throughout Thailand, USA, Australia etc. and I kept returning to this resort. It was the best decision ever. Many of the other resorts try to combine a regular resort with a detox program. i.e. 'real' restaurants at the resort. If I had chosen one of those I know I would have just been angry watching others get to eat while I was trying to accomplish my goal.

Thank you all once again for helping me "Turn Over a New Leaf". I will see you all again!

• Stayed: January 2012, traveled solo
3  Thank scubarocks
Reviewed February 29, 2012

10 days detox. Did my homework before going there. Read how the programme at New Leaf work and did some check on self administered colema on YouTube so by the time I am there, I am more confident working it myself. All the staffs are very courteous and friendly. Took care of me since the day I arrived. Greg and Robin are in hand should I need any advise or have any problem. Sylvia Is a wonderful yoga teacher and Akis great on ball balancing. He is always jovial and always have positive thinking making us all easy to communicate.
Best is the resort maintance the small numbers of people which most of us came on our own. Very fast i make new friends and get advise from the one who arrived earlier. It's like we all one family at this resort. With no pressure, I feel more relax and real happy but feeling real sad upon saying goodbye. The juices, smoothies and soup are fantastic and delicious!!!!!

Room Tip: Room facing the swimming pool is lovely
  • Stayed: February 2012, traveled solo
Reviewed February 28, 2012

I really enjoyed my stay at New Leaf. Of course everything was not perfect but then I was not paying 5 star prices either. In comparison to other resorts it is far less expensive. But the bottom line was I had a one months holiday in Koh Samui, came back much much healthier, and had it all, including air fares, for the cost of one week in a similar Australian resort. Weight down 12 kilos, blood pressure now normal, diabetes now under control. There were a range of people there that are all supportive of each other, no matter if they were fit and wanted to be fitter, or oldies like me who just want to get out of the couch potato syndrome. Because they don't control you every minute and are in town I was able to shop, get major teeth work done and explore Samui without any problems.
The issues are ones that happen anywhere, such as lost socks or timing out, but in the big picture stuff an experience I would easily have again.

Room Tip: discuss the rates with the owners as it might be a low season and a discount available.
  • Stayed: December 2011, traveled solo
2  Thank JAZ047
Reviewed February 28, 2012

I completed the 28 day detox last year. I had the time of my life and lost 15KG whilst my blood work improved by what can only be described as miraculous amounts. 160/100 to 118/82. Cholesterol 6.5 to 4.1 and blood sugar from pre diabetic to normal. For me after 4 months I've put back only 2 kgs and my blood work remains perfect

The resort itself is basic (school camp like) but completely adequate even for a five star junky like me. The people though... Can you give 6 out of 5?

Let me be clear this place changed my life. I loved it in all respects and will be back every year. Four months later not a day goes buy without someone commenting on how well I look. Thankyou new leaf!

• Stayed: October 2011