“Fantastic experience!”

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Lamai Beach
New Leaf Detox Resort
“Fantastic experience!”
Reviewed November 6, 2011

I recently stayed at New leaf, and did a 10 day detox.
From the moment I arrived I was taken care of and looked after extremely well by Air Robin Nita and the team.
Morning walks, amazing daily yoga classes with Sylvie, activities that changed daily plus colonics and massages.
This place is a real oasis, I left feeling relaxed refreshed and happier than I had in a long time.

I would highly recommend New leaf and look forward to returning next year for two weeks as after 10 days I still wanted more time to detox and relax.
Delicious juices, smoothies and soups, and lovely staff and guests.

Do yourself a favor and check this place out for yourself, it was a fantastic 10 days and I achieved a mental and physical reset which I have taken away with me.

Thank you New Leaf!!

Julien

• Stayed September 2011
6 Thank Justjulien

Business
Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (44)
Newcastle upon Tyne, United Kingdom
Reviewed November 6, 2011

I was not expecting a 5 star resort, indeed it does not advertise this. The place is small and i believe only 12 customers maximum.
The rooms where clean and yes, maybe they do need a little updating, but don't let this put you off.
Your well looked after when your there by Robin, Nita and not forgetting Charlie, who made me laugh loads, and Air keeps you on track, telling me of for cheating haha, thank you Air.
The pool area is nice and great to chill around. I loved the Yoga, and Sylvie is an amazing instructor, she''ll have you body twisted like never before in no time.
I went there to loose weight, and i did, 11 1/2kg in 21 days, i could have lost more had i did more exercise, but I'm making up for that now i am back in the UK.
I was very lucky, or should i say other people staying there where very lucky that i was there, we had a great laugh, in fact i have not laughed to much since i was a teenager, decently made some friends for life.
I would recommend this place to anyone, yes it's a little expensive, but you will reach your goal if you stick to the plan Air has set out. I would much rather stay her than any 5 star place.

Room Tip: Rooms by the pool are probably a bit quieter.
  • Stayed October 2011, traveled solo
2 Thank Matt A
Dubai, Dubai, United Arab Emirates
Reviewed November 5, 2011

Contrary to the few low reviews. I am glad that the detoxers that had a successful time and stayed at the New Leaf Detox Resort out number the small percentage of nay sayers. I am a former resort manager and in the hospitality industry. Air and her staff are courteous and take great care of every. I lost 6 kilos in one week and I still continue to loose as I have kept to the same supplements, diet and exercise as I have when I was there. The bungalows are clean and simple and the resort is peaceful with plenty of daily activities to do with time to rest. The juices, smoothies and evening soups are delicious. Great location as there was lots to do in the evening, shopping, massages, different shows on the beach as well as local thai boxing. I recommend this property to anyone who wants a rejuvenating trip. In closing many new friendships were formed as the setting is intimate and the Resort only takes 10 people at a time to ensure personal service. we all plan to meet again together in 2012. Where else could a WWF former wrestler, a geological engineer, the private nurse to the Sheikh and Sheika of KSA and a hotelier meet but at New leaf detox Resort.
Liesa

Room Tip: Bungalows Facing the pool are lovely.
  • Stayed September 2011, traveled solo
4 Thank Liesa_11
Los Angeles, California
Reviewed October 21, 2011

I was keen to detox and checked into New Leaf. The coffee colonics they give you (self administered) use THE SAME tube each day. Each person has their own, but I checked online and with a dr friend who said that it isn't sanitary and they would be shut down if in the US or UK.
It is expensive, there was a hole in the cabin wall, taped up. The towels had coffee stains on them and we KNOW where that came from!
The internet doesn't work.
The nurse measures your waist comfortably on day one and pulls it tight on the last day. Oh PLEASE!
The dr was NO WHERE to be seen. The nurse works down the road in the pharmacy.
Corners cut everywhere.
I checked out and went to Resotel, which has a detox prog as well. It costs a little more, but 1 star vs 5, worth the difference. On a great clean beach. The beach behind New Leaf is rank. You can't swim there.

Room Tip: No tip, no good rooms, this place needs a renovation.
  • Stayed March 2011, traveled solo
8 Thank alwaystravelling1973
NewLeafDetox, Owner at New Leaf Detox Resort, responded to this review, January 27, 2012
Hi Jacinta, thanks for your feedback. We get a lot of larger people who have been discriminated most of their lives and privacy is very important and self-administration of colonic therapy in a private bungalow is suited too most. The maids setup and clean up all parts of the equipment; including the ‘tube’ that holds the coffee. All parts are sterilised to Hospital standard after each use and overseen by Management. The ‘tube’ doesn’t come in contact with the body; in fact there is never a need for the guest to ever touch it. Having said that, all part of the colonic process can be replaced on request for a small fee.

I have looked into the ‘hole’ in the wall and the towels. All towels are replaced every 8 weeks at New Leaf.

The free wifi has four routers and covers the entire Resort with broadband. In the past there were some issues with laptops that were setup with permanent IP addresses and VPN’s but our staff know how to fix the guests machine so they can successfully use the network.

The nurse has had 35 years experience. She doesn’t work on the Pharmacy; she owns it, the Doctors Surgery and the 6 shops joining it. In fact Nurse Setthathikha is one of the largest property owners on Koh Samui, at last count (January 2012) she owns 37 properties. I’m sure she visits the Pharmacy at times. I will look into how she holds the tape when measuring guests.

Doctor Michael had a very bad Motorcycle accident and is recovering. We have another Doctor on 24-hour standby. We are opposite an Ambulance station and within 10 minutes from several world-class Hospitals. We are NOT a medical detox, however we monitor our guests and if there are any issues they are looked after immediately.

The Lamai Beach is a beautiful beach however after storms the water all over the Island can look dirty.

We are happy that you ended getting what you wanted and it was unfortunate you were not happy with our facility. All our rooms are getting their own ‘make over’ in February 2012 and we are more than happy to invite you back for free to finish your program.
Dubai
Reviewed October 8, 2011

Having being diagnosed with type 2 diabetes 10 months ago I decided to address the problem head on and signed up for 28 days as that looked like a life changing program.

My whole attitude attending this was to have a open mind and maximize the benefits from the program, they are the one with the expertise so why not listen. That's what your paying for.

I am a male (58) and never done Yoga or been to the gym for 15 years this was a marvelous and enlightening experience and Silvie was brilliant with everyone no matter what what level you were at novice to contortionist.

One week into the program I sign up for Postural Realignment with Marty, which involved gym work, weights, treadmill, stretching and the painful but essential tension release on your muscle groups.. Fantastic! would recommend everyone to do this.

The daily massages are good, Thai, Oil, Head and Foot are there to have every day and the girls are very. Whats important is that these are relative gentle as full on Thai massages can do more harm than good.

However these were supplemented by attending (Newleaf recommended) Golden Hands where I had "Herbal Massage" 2 hours for 600 Baht plus tip. Toi was great at this I believe she is a 4th Dan Black Belt in Thai Massage. I say this as the voice of experience having had over 100 massages, she is number one!

Gai & Charlie work away in the back ground doing all the essential work and on occasion help in the front line looking after the guests when Robin, Nita or Toi (the soup specialist) had their rest day. Pong & Na look after your rooms, the flushes and the laundry. Nothing is a problem for the staff who are all happy to assist in any way they can to make your stay as pleasant as possible.

The Nurse did my daily checks on blood pressure and weekly blood sugar monitoring.

My results;

Before 107.9 Kgs after 95.4 Kgs
Detoxed all the rubbish out my system
Stopped taking my Diabetic tablets as my blood sugar levels are normal
Eat healthily at least 5 days a week on occasion I have treats. Quote Air don't deny yourself everything sometime have a little treat. The secret is not to over indulge.
By being more aware of what I put into my body I have managed to keep my weight at 95 Kgs

Having read some of the comments and had discussions with other guests about Newleaf is not perfect nothing is but the difference is Air (the program director) is passionate about what they do.
The program works, embrace it and you will be the better for it in mind body and soul.

• Stayed August 2011, traveled solo
1 Thank Richard M
Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia
Reviewed September 27, 2011

My wife and I have just completed a 14 day detox at New Leaf Detox Resort. This was our first ever experience of a detox holiday and I have to say it was one of the most enjoyable holidays I have been on. From immediate arrival at the airport we were met by the driver who drove us the 30 minutes or so to the resort. We immediately felt at home as all the staff and guests were extremely friendly and were able to answer any questions we had.
The smoothies and soups were great and at no time in two weeks did we feel hungry. Activities were the key to every day. The choice was varied - beach walks (or a running if you preferred), Yoga (I had a great time doing this and noticed amazing improvement in flexibility), Muay Thai kickboxing, Water Aerobics, Steam room to name a few.
The owners, KP and Air, were always more than accommodating in making sure that everything was as it should be.
A big thank you to all the staff – Robin, Nita, Charlie and all others involved in providing this amazing experience. We will definitely be back.
On returning home the scales showed a 12kg weight loss, BMI was down 4 points and around 5cm reduction in chest, waist and hips, but most importantly an energy that I have not felt for about 15 years.

Once again thank you New Leaf and see you soon.

• Stayed September 2011, traveled as a couple
2 Thank John1903
Shanghai, China
Reviewed August 16, 2011

I have detoxed a few times at other resorts and I must say that the program was my best experience so far.. Easy to follow with the daily vitamins, minerals thru smoothies and soups (not just from tables) and good value for money

The results - lost 5.5 kg in 7 days and have keep the weight off by following advice given during my stay of eating healthy, keep away from processed foods:-) and exercising.. I found the daily schedule easy to follow and gives time to chill out.. I came away with a much more positive frame of mind and much less stress than when I arrived

The staff - very friendly, approachable good service and able to answer any questions or concerns regarding the detox, places to see on the island when I had the energy or great places to buy whatever you need without paying local prices.

The rooms - are clean and simple with the basics I needed to get thru the 7 days and the location is an easy walk to beach.. The resort facilities covered my needs during my stay..

Really enjoyed the YOGA session every morning and it was an enjoyable experience and I’ll be back :-) Thanks New Leaf!

• Stayed July 2011, traveled solo
2 Thank FlyBFly
NewLeafDetox, Manager at New Leaf Detox Resort, responded to this review, August 20, 2011
Thank you so much for your feedback. It was great to have you with us again.
Also consider these accommodations in or near Lamai Beach
Beach Republic The Residences
#4 of 50 in Lamai Beach
Pavilion Samui Villas & Resort
Renaissance Koh Samui Resort & Spa

Been to New Leaf Detox Resort? Share your experiences!