“RUDE head receptionist, noisy mornings and made to feel unwelcome”
Review of New Hut Bungalows

and 1 more site!
New Hut Bungalows
“RUDE head receptionist, noisy mornings and made to feel unwelcome”
Reviewed September 24, 2012

I was travelling by myself and had not pre booked accom, but on the boat over from kho toa I met the nice lady that owned the New Hut, it rang a bell with me that I had stayed there before a few years back so booked there and then. She actually drove me to the bungalows on the otherwide of the island. This was where unfortunatlly the hospitality ended!

The lady that seemed to be in charge when the owner was not there was rude to myself and others on many occasions during my 3 day stay. Making a huge scene in frout of the whole resturant when a guest rightfully sent a meal back.

It was impossible to sleep after 7am in the morning as there were large dogs barking, kids screaming and the cleaners sweeping the sand outside your door every morning. Not so much of a chilled beach time.

The Internet was turned off at 11pm, just the time the European travelers can contact friends and family at home. Not helpful and pritty pointless!

I was told to leave the resturant at 10pm even though I had only just bought a beer from them 5 mins earlier as they see shutting, this sent me to the beach to drink my beer by myself rather than meet other travellers.

Dispite this I ate ALL my meals at the restaurant, booked my onward travel and did my washing with them ( which they said would be back that evening and wasn't, then called me a liar when I told them I had handed it to them in the morning and it was my fault that it was t back. The washing was returned next morning but was not ironed and was 10 baht more than if I had gone next door.)

I became really sick on the day I left and was diagnosed by a doctor that I had food poisoning picked up in the last 2 days !!! Great end to a horrible 3 nights and days eating and trying to sleep at new hut.

I feel sorry for the owner in that if she was around a bit more at the new hut rather than on the boat her place would be a great place to stay as location wise and the settings are amazing. Just shame about the rest!

• Stayed September 2012
2 Thank Cazzyt78

Business
Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (24)
  • Greek first
  • Korean first
  • Thai first
Cardiff, United Kingdom
Reviewed September 23, 2012

Stayed in a beach front, fan bungalow for 4 nights. The huts are very basic but good value for 500 baht per night. The beach is nice and its only a 10-15 min walk to the main nightlife spots. Thought the food was really good and a bit cheaper than most places. No complaints.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled solo
3 Thank HairyBandit
Zephyrhills, Florida
Reviewed September 20, 2012

We stayed here September 1st. Our hut was broke into that night while we were alseep!! They took my husbands wallet with cash and credit cards, my kindle reader and my kindle fire. The staff didn't seem too surprised or like they really cared. When I went to the police station to fill out a report for the insurance the cop guessed where we were staying before I even told him, so did the guy we rented a moped from to get to the police station. It is a know problem they have there and they don't warn you about it. Which makes me believe that the staff are involved in it somehow. We didn't let it ruin our trip, but we moved on to the next island right away. Would not recommend to even an enemy to stay here.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled as a couple
2 Thank skydiveclark

Travelers are raving about these Lamai Beach hotels

Wellington, New Zealand
Reviewed July 17, 2012

I stayed here in 2006 for 10 days and had the most amazing experience ever - think it was 350baht per night and they wash my clothes, serve me food, made me cocktails and it was such a magical place. I'm bringing my soon to be hubby back here for Christmas and can't wait to make more memories. The huts are ridiculously basic but waking up to crashing waves every morning is so cool.

• Stayed August 2011, traveled with friends
2 Thank NicolaMaycroft
Reviewed May 22, 2012

I stayed in your huts on the 17th and 18th may. I left a small black case with an orange flat box inside, I stayed in room A-12.

If you have found this and can return it I will pay for your kindess,

Olivia Ma

• Stayed May 2012
Dublin
Reviewed May 10, 2012

Lamai beach is a good distance from Chaweng which is the centre of nightlife in Koh Samui, it is a lovely resort itself situated right on the beach, I would recommend it if you are looking to chill out but not if you're there to party.

The rooms were quite small and didn't have aircon, just a fan. I moved to a different hotel closer to Chaweng after the first night but that was just because I personally wanted to be closer to the clubs.

• Stayed July 2011, traveled with friends
Reviewed April 30, 2012

While New Hut is in a great location and the staff could not be more helpful or friendly, if you are looking for a peaceful break - forget it ! We have been here for four nights and on every single night, have been awoken by noisy guests, partying on the beach right outside out hut. The beachfront huts are the most expensive ( US Dollars 20 per night - reduced to 19 if you stay more than 2 nights ), so, while you have a great view, guests from further back ( cheaper ) huts take advantage of the lovely position, to sit infront ! Maybe we are 'too old' for this location !!!!

• Stayed April 2012, traveled as a couple