“Great location-Large Pool-Good Value-Basic, But Large Rooms.”
4 of 5 bubbles Review of Best Resort

Best Resort
Ranked #11 of 41 Lamai Beach B&B and Inns
Bangkok
“Great location-Large Pool-Good Value-Basic, But Large Rooms.”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 24, 2012

We had this place recommended by some fellow travelers and gave it a try. Overall we preferred Samui/Lamai over Samet. Best Resort is very close to the beach. The resort is simple, but fair value, as prices in high season are very high on this island. We paid 1000 Baht for an air-con room in the main building. Staff were quite friendly, we did not try the restaurant as we preferred to eat on the beach. They have a large pool with rather few people on it, as the beach is so nice and close-by. We would say, good value on this very touristy and popular island. Definitely no more backpacking experience.

Room Tip: Main building are good value.
  • Stayed February 2012, traveled with friends
5 Thank Ron D

Business
Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (3)
  • Polish first
Chonburi, Thailand
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 12, 2012

We rent a fan room for 400 baht, but we could use swimming pool facilities for free. Resort is almost on the beach. Stuff was very nice.

Room Tip: Take a fan room.
  • Stayed December 2011, traveled as a couple
3 Thank Jon P
msc
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 8, 2011

I did not lost some items from my room...
but I think it is the worst hotel in Thailand I have ever seen (actually I am totally about 2 years here)
The cleaning is ok, towels worn but ok
But che chip rooms (for 300 and 500 bht) are impossible to stay in
in the daytime-too hot, in the night-lamp blink when you turn on fan and it get me crazy
also pumpin bass from nearest disco untill 2-3 am
BUT thats not all folks... If not that I would not write a review
A fat lazy girl that work at reception seems to be totally crazy. She cant talk with people in polite way. She also say that she take all my stuff out of room because of nomeaning question. First she seems ok, but after time somethin in her head seems come in wrong way.I stay there 3 days and was very happy about my favourite hotel on Chaweng.
I think I should complain in Tourist Ministry.
Also If someone have possibility to write review about this hotel in french resourse (many French there) I woul apreciate this.

Stayed March 2011, traveled solo
8 Thank lovr

Travelers are raving about these Lamai Beach hotels

Boras, Sweden
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 18, 2011

I have had friends visit this hotel before and they have been satisfied with the low price but still good service and rather ok rooms. With those references, me and my family booked for a week during high season. I was to hear that they had new owners since a few months back but that nothing has changed with our booking. After one day, we and some other families, discovered that there were things missing from our rooms. We did not feel good about it so we spoke with the receptionist (owner). The day after, the hotel threw all families (several with children) out from the hotel, without exceptions. The money for the remaining days we got back but we were several families’ without anywhere to go. When the children wanted to speak with some friends at the hotel, the receptionist (owner) ran out and threatened the children and told them not to speak with anyone. If we didn´t leave the hotel before 12 she would call some people to throw us out. This was a very bad, and for the children, a scary experience and I hope no one should end up in same position. Warning for this hotel!

• Stayed December 2010, traveled with family
10 Thank Trulakula
Los Angeles
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 21, 2008

I was on Koh Samui and needed a room for a few days. I was in Lamai Beach and someone at the hotel I had been staying at said I should check out the Best Resort so I did.

The Best Resort has a large open air reception area and as I walked in the desk clerk greeted me, told me they did have rooms and that I could see the rooms as they had a couple different options.

They have a large nice pool area and my room while a little dated was very large, clean, quite and comfortable.

The hotel staff was attentive and professional.

I paid either 800 or 900 baht per night so this is a budget hotel but I thought it was a great value. I was only a minute away (walking) from the beach or the main street in Lamai and the hotel staff was always very pleasant. One several occasions I had questions about shopping, making/changing reservations, driving directions, etc and the staff especially Koon King gave me information or suggestions as if we were friends.

• Liked — The value
  • Stayed December 2008, traveled solo