All reviewsprivate beachpanoramic ocean viewjacuzzi deluxe roomour honeymoonmoon restaurantstar barkoh samuigolf buggiesocean frontroom typesun deckthe main roadfree shuttlethai foodoutdoor showerwedding plannerthe banyan tree
Reviewed January 26, 2010

Well what can we say other than this hotel has it all. The setting is unbelievable and the service was fantastic, especially in the restaurant and from the front desk staff. The photos of the pool at the this resort doesnt quite do the whole pool experience justice as in real life the setting by the pool is just so relaxing and picturesque. The morning buffet is also great and there is a range of quality food and beverages to choose from (including great expresso coffee) which is included with the rate if breakfast is included in your package. Overall a real relaxing getaway thanks to the staff and hotel.

• Stayed: January 2010, traveled as a couple
Reviewed January 25, 2010

An absolute brilliant choice for our daughters wedding,
Beautiful relaxing resort,
Beautiful champagne beach ceremony,
Beautiful thai banquet celebrations,
Beautifully orchestrated by Nokie and staff,
Its all so beautiful at Silavadee.

William and Jing Johnston, Kent, UK.

• Stayed: January 2010, traveled with family
Reviewed January 24, 2010

I went there with my fiancee for a weekend hideaway and hideaway, we did! The service at Silavadee was impeccable (minus the fact that we missed welcome cocktail party prepared by Luke, the manager and we didn't get to catch him) but the staff especially at the lobby (namely, Joyce) was so patient and helpful in recommending a lovely restaurant nearby for lunch and arranging transportation for us. We got a cab from the airport which we should have arranged earlier with the hotel as it costs the same (minus the waiting and q-ing). We shall do it next time.

The room was lovely. We had the deluxe balcony room which had the balcony (it was just partial ocean view - we can still see the horizon but some areas are hindered by the rooftops and trees as it was on the 2nd floor (expected) ). I believe the 3rd floor would have a better view but we were on a budget and didn't want to overly spend on the room (we had already splurged on this one- but no regrets). The bathtub was deep enough (that was one of my selection criterias) and extremely spotless clean! It also had an attached shower room which was pleasant with a huge shower head to have that waterfall effect. However, the bath/shower area lacked a spot to hang clothes (so we resorted to either leaving clean clothes on top of the closed lid of the toiletbowl) or move/drip a little further to the closet which is spacious enough located right outside the bath/shower area.

Everyday, the fruit baskets were replenished with the sweetest mangoes I've ever tasted, some Thai mandarin oranges (sweet as well) and bananas which I don't eat and they never fail to leave a treat on one side of the bed during their evening turndown. First night was some butter chocchip cookies and 2nd was banana chips.

The tv had slight static but I'm impressed as it was 32 inch lcd tv. My fiancee was slightly dissappointed that they don't air live soccer matches from UK. they do have starsports though so he'd have to be content with that. I'm ok since I don't really watch much telly anyway. I just hang out around the balcony enjoying the scenery and fresh air there. There were many thoughtful gestures as they prepare a beach basket for you which has beach towels to bring along when you visit their infinity pool (at first sight, looked muddy but we discovered it was naturally sandcolored at the base but the water is clean minus the part under the trees where there may be leaves floating around) and they provide slippers and inroom slippers so that you can wear to the beach and around in the room to avoid the sandy conditions.

The infinity pool had this aquajet things where you hit the button and strong jets of water comes out from holes at some bed-like surface where you can lie down and have your back/front massaged by the aquajets. It got a little too strong for us so we didn't do that for quite long.

We tried their spa and we got the room with the best view (sunset- we did ours late evening when they managed to work late to accommodate us- thanks!) The spa was really good and relaxing (they had a proper couple room) until i fell asleep towards the end and woke up feeling relaxed!

Wifi in the room was weak and we had to try to access it from the balcony. However, if you stand outside the room and a lot of spots around the resort ie. restaurant, lobby- the signal is good. It may be because of my room's location or some blind spot. However, there is a computer terminal near the lobby where you can always access to check emails and do some light surfing.

Complete amenities were provided in the room (I didn't have to use any of my own toiletries except for my contact lens solution and case) and their toiletries smelt fab (the smell of lemongrass is still lingering..)

We had breakfast included in the package so we thoroughly enjoyed the food (there's a small buffet area serving the typical continental breakfast spread with a toast machine and juices (freshly squeezed) ). You can also order food ala carte (and not having to pay extra!) off a selection on the menu so you can get more substantially filled - both of us were really stuffed. We first sat outdoors as it has an excellent oceanview but then the ants were crawling around on the table and the sun got a little hot. So we moved indoors and then it was fine. I noticed a waiter immediately applied some solution (ant repellent perhaps) after clearing the table that we evacuated so it's good to see such efficient and prompt action taken after our commenting about it while moving tables.

The only downside (really) we see is location as it's around 3-5 mins in car from the main road through construction areas where a new resort was building. Renaissance shared the same access/road and they're at the start of that road. However, taxi charges are exorbitantly high there (many guidebooks have highlighted that already) but that can be countered by renting your own vehicle or using the shuttle vans provided by the hotel (extremely prompt and courteous and the reception really makes/take notes of your whereabouts and requests for shuttle).

It's around 10 mins (400 bahts of cab ride) from Lamai beach and around 20 mins from Chaweng.

If not for the location, it is totally perfect for a relaxing and comfortable stay.

• Stayed: January 2010, traveled as a couple
Reviewed January 23, 2010

My partner and I just came back from 10 days at Silavadee Resort and Spa in Koh Samui over Christmas and into the New Year - for my son's wedding and an added holiday.

This was the most magical, enchanting, utterly wonderful experience and we cannot thank Luke and Nokie and all the staff there enough for making our stay so memorable.

The resort itself is in a stunning setting , completely private and tucked away with fantastic aspects, views and also accessibility to private beach. The architecture and design is a real sanctuary of 'harmony with nature' and also very luxurious and comfortable.

Customer service was superb throughout our stay and everyone went the extra distance to ensure the wedding was truly special in every way. From the decorations to the food, to the fireworks to the 'fairy tale setting' they created on the beach and all surrounding services for the wedding, we could not have had a more enjoyable and beautiful experience.

We would return to Silavadee for sure! And if anyone out there is planning a wedding in Koh Samui - Silavadee is tops. It is not a wedding factory like other places. It gives you unique time and space for your day to be completely special and private.

Thank you again to Luke and Nokie for making this a once in a lifetime experience for us all!

Diana Theodores and Arno Rudolf

• Stayed: December 2009, traveled as a couple
Reviewed January 23, 2010

55 of us gathered ~December 26 2009 - January 6 2010 at Silavadee Resort for the wedding of my son Toby & daughter-in-law Ann -- both from Vancouver. We were from all parts of the planet: California, Canada, China, Sydney, Brisbane, Abu-Dhabi, Plymouth, Kent, Thailand, Hong-Kong, Germany, Budleigh Salterton -- and Nokie, Luke and all the staff at Silavadee created the most magical and delightful, indeed perfect, time for us all. Toby had proposed to Ann romantically on top of Whistler Mountain in the springtime and they sought to have a magically romantic wedding with family and friends from everywhere to share their joy and love fully over nearly a fortnight of amazing celebrations. The Beach Wedding was utterly memorable for everyone creating within us all a sense of sat-chit-ananda and I cannot write any greater praise for Nokie, Luke and everyone at Silavadee.

• Stayed: January 2010, traveled with family