“Paradise” 5 of 5 bubbles

Ranked #8 of 50 Hotels in Lamai Beach
Potchefstroom, South Africa
“Paradise”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 14, 2013

Truly magical experience staying at Silavadee Pool Spa Resort.My husband and I stayed there for almost a week and from day one were treated like royalty.We visited a number of countries and stayed at numerous hotels but the treatment we received at this resort was by far the best.Upon arrival we were given delicious drinks and although we had a few hours before check in the staff went out of their way to get our room ready as quickly as possible.The room that we were given was also far beyond our expectation....which included a private pool and a gorgeous view of the ocean.The room and bathroom was super clean and very spacious.And the smiles and greetings from the staff always made our day.......excellent resort for a quiet island vacation.We cannot thank you enough Silavadee for making our stay an unforgettable one and for all the kind gestures during our stay.We will definitely return someday

• Stayed October 2013, traveled as a couple
2 Thank kdevroop

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (152)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Korean first
  • Polish first
  • Thai first
sydney
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 12, 2013

We staid at silavadee in a very expensive "ocean view" villa. Considering how expensive the room was we did expect 5 star service and facilities all the way...unfortunately we were disappointed.
The beach is rocky and unkept. There are snorkelling equipment and beach shoes available to borrow- unfortunately all snorkels are broken and leak, and neither the beach shoes nor the snorkelling equipment is cleaned and disinfected before being handed out to the next customer- disgusting! I would also expect a 5 star hotel to put down a towel and find a lounger for you and to offer some cold towels etc - simply things you expect from 5 star...
Breakfast was disappointing. The buffet didn't change at all, same food each day. Not even proper fruit salad, decent bread or and variety offered same stuff every day...not up to 5 star standard again...
The room was nice and well sized with a big outdoor decking area and the pool. I booked the very costly ocean view room category. The view was far off being "ocean view" - there were ocean glimpses at best! You can only see part of the ocean is you stand on the right side of our pool. No view sitting down, lying on a lounger, swimming in the poll etc, nothing! When I asked reception if we got give the correct room, as I booked "ocean view", I was told I would have had to book a "panoramic ocean view" room if I wanted to see more ocean and I could buy an upgrade for a extra $100 per night!! I feel we got ripped off and would have never bothered getting this room category considering the view we had...waste of money.
The reason the hotel is so expensive is probably because it doesn't seem to be connected to a water source. There are trucks delivering fresh water driving up and down the road all day and night delivering water to the resort!
The last thing I want to mention is that there are only two free activities all week - the resort up the road is less expensive and has all day activities every day for free or a small charge. So if you want to do any exercise, ie yoga etc the only option you have is to leave the resort and look for a place that runs classes.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled as a couple
3 Thank rutzy
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 6, 2013 via mobile

We came for honeymoon and we have been in better hotels in 4 stars style . For exemple:
1. The waiters and the service providrs were not nice to use, its felt that they don't like their work..
2. The transfer sevice wasnt in relevnt hours, and thier texi service of the hotle was very expensive (300 bat to lamai beach, 7 min driving!!) Why isnt it free? we pay so much and the hotle is isolated from the main beach!
3. The pool is very small, the pic in the website not reflect the truth.
4. The facilities in the hotle are very disappointing for 5 stars hotle. No Gym No Sauna No Jacuzzi. What can we do in our isolate hotle?!
5. The maintenance of the hotle is not good, especially in the pool area (the water are turbid!), and every place there is deck..
6. Breakfast was very nice, but! When the food ended the waiters didnt bring new food. Isnt it weird?!
I dont think it worth the money..

Stayed October 2013, traveled as a couple
3 Thank Nir H
Burbage
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 4, 2013

We stayed to 10 nights in September and the hotel was terrific. We had a bit of a mix up with our booking and we were upgraded to a tropical pool villa. The villa is very comfortable and it is nice to have a private pool.
The hotel was ideally situated for us. It was very quiet and a bit out of the way but there was regular free hotel bus sevices in to lamai and chaweng. Also there want shops and restaurants just a short walk down the hill to the main road.
The food is very good but a bit expensive compared with the towns. All the staff were very friendly and polite.
The beach is secluded and picturesque. The beach is not rocky but there is a lot of brain shaped corals and at low tide it was a bit tricky to walk/swim round them.
The main pool area was a bit disapointing but it did not worry us as we had our own pool. The whole resort is built on the east side of a hill so in September the the main pool area is in the shade by about 3pm. In our villa our patio was in shade about 3pm but we still got some sun in our pool till about 5pm. The shade did not bother us much by then we normally had enough sun and were starting on the cocktails. Also sun lovers could go to the beach as it is in the sun longer than the pool area.
The only negative point for me was the mosquitoes. I ended up with about 20 bites on one leg. It was not this bad the last time I went to thailand. Perhaps it is the locations and the way the resort was built with minimal inpact to the surround woods. I thought the way it was built worked very well. It was nice that the woods seemed to be a part of the main pool area and the view out from the terrace at the bar was woods leading to the sea.
One other negative point about Koh samui in general was Bo Phut which is advertised as a traditional fishermans village. There was nothing traditional about it. It is an up market version of the other towns and everything is more expensive. We took a taxi up there and within an hour we were heading back. It was a total waste of about £20 for taxis.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled as a couple
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
Melbourne, Australia
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 30, 2013

We were really excited to come here on our honeymoon, things started great, when I spoke to the staff and organised a honeymoon treat for my new wife. We had flowers on the bed, sparkling wine and a cake (which wasn't very good, but a nice sentiment) at no extra charge. Pretty quickly the wheels fell off though, when we went to lay down, the bed felt pretty soft. Three of the four supports had snapped and hadn't been replaced. I complained about this, and once again the staff were fantastic, and upgraded us to a different room with a better view. But, it was BORING! You can't easily get to town, or any shops and we felt like we were limited to the resorts amenities. They do offer a free shuttle service for Lamai and Chaweng, but they only go a few times a day, which was nowhere near enough, because the times were odd.

We had great service to start with, but near the end of the stay a wedding party showed up and it was like that service had just dissapeared. Room service took an hour to deliver one ice-cream (expensive, at that! and the wrong order).

The bed is very firm and we found it quite uncomfortable.

If you like warm yoghurt, milk or terrible eggs, then you will enjoy breakfast, but we found it to be quite average. If you like Thai food then the food is quite good, but any western dishes were pretty average.

Another gripe of ours was that the pool and beach closed at 7pm and to eat on the beach (something we really wanted to do) had a setup charge of almost $100AU! We ended up dining on the beach in Chaweng, eating lobster, for the setup charge alone.

We wouldn't stay here again, would not advise for honeymoon's, maybe just for a short period of time to relax and unwind before going somewhere more central. We left early due to the above issues, as we wanted to be able to do more.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled as a couple
2 Thank Sam M
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 29, 2013 via mobile

Excellence facility and good service staff. Very good landscape view, sea view. Room got everything you need, bathroom also nice and feel relaxing. I went there with some friend but it's suitable for couple. Romantic place in Samui.
I give 6 star.

Stayed September 2013, traveled with friends
1 Thank Narongrit M
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 28, 2013

I have such a fab. Experience at silavadee pool spa resort. I can said its the best experience hotel so far in Thaiand.
The room that I stay is ocean pool villa, every morning when I wake upi jump to the pool in front of my room and look atthe sea and sky. I feel like I m in a dream. Also, the staffs take care me so good, every evening I got the tiny gift put on my bed.
I do love the private beach as well, I went in afternoon and get the coconut drink also I get suntan on the big bed that hotel service free om the beach.

I will go again next year with my lover and my family ;)

• Stayed September 2013
SALA Samui Resort And Spa
SALA Samui Resort And Spa
#1 of 10 in Choeng Mon
4.5 of 5 bubbles 2,063 reviews

Been to Silavadee Pool Spa Resort? Share your experiences!