My husband and I visited the island of Koh Samui and we stayed at the Silavadee for 5 nights, in a ocean view pool villa. First impresion from the pick up from the airport has been suprisingly good as a staff in the hotel, dressed in a typical Thai uniform waited for us with a wooden board. The van was very luxurious and we have been offered fresh towels and coconut water botttles. We were very impressed!!
Once at the hotel, the check in as been done very smoothly, we got our bags very quickly and we started to enjoy our time.
The ocean pool villa are very private and you can almost walk around the outdoor shower, the twin sunbed and the swimmimng pool without hardly been noticed from the neighbours. That was nice. The pool was very clean and great size and the villa was beautifully decorated in a pure exotic thai style. You always have this feeling to be alone.
What is nice about this hotel is the service, very courteous eventhough the staff (except dining and reception staff) doesn't speak english very well but you always make yourself understood!
The Spa was very good with very high standards of service and courtesy. We have been very impressed but the prices of the spa are way to high, almost not affordable, if I remember, it is easly 1500 bath for a simple Thai massage so I let you imagine the price of the other treatments.
The food was surprisingly very good, cheap but with very high standards. The breakfast here is AMAZING with a "a la carte" menu and self service such as dumplings, great freshly squizzed juices, fresh pastries, smoothies, fresh fruits. Try the banana pancakes, they are too die for!
Room service was as well suprisingly cheap which was very various and very good as the hotel is a bit remote from the main road so it is nice to stay at the resort and enjoy affordable great food inside instead of going out everyday moreover in the island of Koh Samui, the taxis are not by the meter but on a fix price basis. Count 300 bath with the offical rate from the hotel to go to Lamai (negociable on the way back on the street at 200, and 500 to go to Chaweng (negociable to 400 for the way back from the street).
About the location of the hotel, is it indeed located a bit remotly, next to Banyan Tree hotel and close to the Renaissance Hotel (The R is located a bit closer to the main road). You can't really walk from the main road to get to Silavadee unless you like walking at least 10' under the heat/sun on a rather narrow and bumpy road (not a busy road though). It is 2/3 min by car.
That is the price to pay to have tranquility as from the hotel's shore, you will hardly find any long tail boats or other engines roaring. The hotel is located by a rather rocky beach on a cove so very remote and very very quiet. As we had a pool villa, we enver went to the beach anyway and we enjoyed a stress free stay away from the noisy irritating long tail boats.
The things that need to be improved or the few negative sides:
- Our villa, number 10 is a bit dated from the outside and needed a fresh re-varnish (walls and deck) as the sun bleached the deck and the varnish peeled on the outside walls. For the price you pay for a 5 stars hotels, that is the least you could expect...
- Reception area is not as impressive as you could expect with the lack of space, hotels' cars are pilling up at the bottoms of the steps.
- It is missing a little bit of something to get a full 5 stars feeling.
But except that, we had a very lovely time!!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The 5-star Silavadee Pool Spa Resort is the latest luxury resort on the island of Koh Samui and offers 44 pool villas and 36 deluxe rooms. Much of the native landscape has been retained during the construction of the resort, and all the furniture and fabrics have been especially designed and handmade by local artists. Guests can enjoy Asian as well as international dishes at The Height Restaurant, and premium wines and cigars are available at the Wine and Cigar Lounge. Be sure to head to the spa to experience massages and therapies that will leave you feeling rejuvenated. Nearby activities include a range of water activities and sight-seeing tours. Booking your stay at this fabulous resort is easy - simply select your dates and click. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, Booking.com, Agoda, Priceline, Odigeo, Travelocity and Jetsetter so you can book your Silavadee Pool Spa Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Silavadee Pool Hotel Lamai Beach
- Silavadee Pool Resort
- Silavadee Pool Spa Resort Ko Samui/Lamai Beach