All reviewsprivate beachpanoramic ocean viewjacuzzi deluxe roomour honeymoonmoon restaurantstar barkoh samuigolf buggiesocean frontroom typesun deckthe main roadfree shuttlethai foodoutdoor showerwedding plannerthe banyan tree
Reviewed September 23, 2012

My husband and I with our 15month old daughter recently spend a glorious week at Silvadee Resort. We choose Silvadee simply becasue it looked stunning and had its own private beach.The resort lived up to our expectations with five star facilities and exceptional customer service. On our arrival noticing our sleeping toddler the staff quickly made arrangements for us to stay in their spa facility so she could continue to sleep while our room was promptly made up before the usual check in time. During our stay the staff were warm, accomadating and willing to do a spot of babysitting. The restaurant meals were diverse and breakfast was supurb with the selection on offer. Our room was large, clean and considering how much time we spent in it, perfect for our young family. Would highly recommend Silvadee to parents traveling with infants who want to get away from the typical family resorts and of course the ambience makes Silvadee the ideal honeymoon destination.

Room Tip: No fitness centre - the only drawback
  • Stayed: August 2012, traveled with family
1  Thank Leanne P
Reviewed September 21, 2012

After researching over 30 properties I settled on Silavadee for my honeymoon.. I loved the look of it the moment I saw the website and I wasn't disappointed one bit when we got there. While landing at Koh Samui, we could identify the resort and what excited us even more was that the property took over one entire edge of the island. We had taken a deluxe jacuzzi sea view room and it was beautiful. Once could see the sea from any portion of the room, even on getting up and sitting on the bed. The daybed and jacuzzi on the balcony made it even better. The spa was fabulous and the couple massage was ethereal. Food at the restaurant was super delicious. Breakfast was sumptuous and while you could serve yourself from the spread, you could also order away from the menu. Despite being at a distance from the city, the resort was perfect for a honeymoon as you want to get away from the hustle bustle. There is a shuttle bus to the town but we had taken a bike and zipped around. We loved every bit of the experience and even six days were not enough. We hope to go back some day to re-live those moments.

Room Tip: Make sure you choose a sea view room and if possible do take the one with the jacuzzi. You won't regret it.
  • Stayed: October 2011, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Ritcha V
Reviewed September 17, 2012

It was like a fairy tale. My now husband and I were recommended this hotel by another couple who had been married there. And we are so happy we decided on this resort.
Through correspondence I spoke with Nokie (Naphat), their wedding co-ordinator. Nokie is by far the most lovely, polite and helpful wedding co-ordinator. On first emailing her she answered all my questions within a day and was attentive and helpful as possible. In fact it was because of her mainly we chose Silavadee. Other resorts took days to reply to my enquiries and requests.

Then there is the resort, it has it's own private beach with beautiful blue water and palm trees. And on request can be closed for your wedding day. (also you can have a intimate dinner on the beach if booked in advanced, highly recommend).
The beach is a little rocky, but it's very white sand and beautiful in pictures.

And the villas, SPECTACTULAR!! We had the ocean pool villa over the water, and I don't know what I'm going to do not being able to dip in the pool over looking the most beautiful water every morning. The finishings of the wood are starting to be a little old looking, but only if you look hard.

Staff: SMILING, polite, and helpful. All staff were amazing and sweet. Connor the manager was very nice and helpful. As was the new food and beverage manager Gavin. They catered to our ever wish.

Food: the restaurant food was nice. Not amazing. But still nice.

Wedding day: was BEAUTIFUL!!. It was 95% of exactly what I wanted. But no one but I knew that. All my guests congratulated me on putting together the most amazing wedding they have ever been too. And there was some hard to impress people.
The 5% that wasn't correct were not major things. But when you consider your on an island and you have a language barrier, it was ok.

Hotel photographer: the photographer the hotel recommended was good. The picture for the day time were amazing!!! I do not recommend having him for the evening though. Keep it to day time pictures only.

Not so happy parts: there was construction happening while we were there. We were told it wouldn't interfere or we wouldn't hear the noise but we very much did. We spoke with the manager and he got them to move the construction so it wouldn't be heard. It was better for the weekend but then it started again after the wedding.

All I can say is I recommend this hotel. We will be back!
Thank you for an amazing wedding.

Room Tip: Choose Vila 1 or 2 with the panoramic view over the water is close to everything. Villa 1 people can see into the pool from villa 2. Villa 2 pool is half private. Villa 3 in the highest one and the most private, but it also more closed in with natural rock boulders. Not as much space on the decks. Villa 4 can be half seen by villa 3.
  • Stayed: August 2012, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Travelbug19801980
Reviewed September 12, 2012

We were very lucky to miss out on the monsoon weather when we stayed here for three nights.

The infintiy pool coupled with the beautiful seaview was absolutely amazing. Now this is a view that no one will ever want to miss out. Breathtaking.

The staff were very nice and accomodative. I loved the idea of fresh fruit left in our room daily.

The only thing that was a little disappointing was how far the resort was from town. What's more, the shuttle services to chaweng were very limited. Aside from this, everything else was very impressive.

Room Tip: Doesn't matter what type of room - just go there for the infinity pool and the magnificent seaview
  • Stayed: August 2012, traveled as a couple
2  Thank Lincoln_and_Pia
Reviewed August 28, 2012

On our first visit to Koh Samui, we were delighted with this hotel. Its postion in Lamai is a little out of the more livelier Chaweng, but the hotel runs a shuttle service. Our room was well appointed with clea comfortable bed, shower and bath, and even our own jacuzzi on the balcony. Fresh fruit was left in the room daily, and the large beach bag with towels was much appreciated. The walk down to the private beach may be a little steep for some, but as probably the oldest guests staying at the hotel we were fine and were delighted to find a small bar and free kayaks with life preservers for use in the small bay. Beach shoes were also provided and appreciated as the sand was hot and the underwater stones uneven for paddling out. Should you stay by the pool, cool cloths, fresh fruit and drinks were brought to your lounger.
The options for dining were outside on the terrace and inside in the air conditioned restaurant. Western and Asian dishes offered. As the temperature, even in the evening is still high, you may wish to choose the latter option and also avoid getting the odd insect bite.
All the staff were helpful and pleasant, and happy to chat. We chose an excursion to the Ang Thong National Marine by speedboat and the admin staff arranged everything for us, even suggesting what we should take with us for the day. We had a lovely five days at this hotel and would be happy to return.

Room Tip: Ask for an upgrade on arrival, but do discuss at that point whether you are still expecting the deals (three day or five day discount) indicated on the web.
  • Stayed: August 2012, traveled with friends