We stayed here for the 2nd week of our honeymoon. This hotel is in a great location, smack bang in the centre of Lamai, and a 5 minute walk to the beach. The hotel is more for family groups, especially if you're eastern European. I think we were the only English people there. And the other reviews are correct regarding the sun loungers, you need to get out there before 6.30am to secure a lounger, otherwise they are all taken. The hotel is also right behind a nightclub so beware if you're in a room near the reception, which we were. Breakfast was inedible, but i highly recommend Scoops across the road by Subway, the best breakfast and french toast ever!!
The staff were great, and our room was always clean, although they did take ages to clean and make the room up each morning. The shower was a bit crap though, constantly going hot and cold and you couldn't angle it so you could stand under it, it could only be pointed at the cubicule walls. Just as well Thailand is hot!!
Whilst there wasn't really anything wrong with this hotel, it wasn't what we expected, and not really a romantic resort.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Am Samui Palace is a tranquil family owned resort with the genuine feel of a Bed and Breakfast. It first opened its doors only 3 years ago, embracing the approach of providing warm and personal services to all their guests. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Hotwire, Travelocity, Hotels.com, Booking.com, Orbitz, Agoda, Cancelon, TripOnline SA and HotelQuickly so you can book your Am Samui Palace reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Am Samui Hotel Lamai Beach
- Am Samui Palace Koh
- Am Samui Palace Ko Samui/Lamai Beach