We were greeted at the airport with Ae from Rummana holding a big clear sign with our name. We recieved the traditional welcome experiance from Rummana with a band of flowers around our wrists, wet face towel and chilled water. Both Ae and the driver were very talkative and informative with our journey to the resort which took about 45mins.
Once arriving we got to relax in their lounge style receiption area, 2 fresh young coconuts and checkin while relaxing. Pretty cool checkin :)
Before I came when emailing the airport pickup I mentioned we were newly weds and if they could give us a room near the beach and do any to make our stay special.
After getting the grand tour by Ae we were taken to our room which was impreesively right near the beach, restuarant and pool area, you couldn't have ask for a better location. Once entering our room they had done the room up in honeymoon style with heart/swan shaped towels on our bed inside a huge heart of flowers and also a basket of fruits, roses and a happy honeymoon cake...wow!!! Was not expecting that. We paid a very good rate for our rooms and got the best service.
The location is a real relaxing part of Samui, right on the beach, away from all the hussle & bussle of the main centers. Some great places to enjoy close by is walking to Grandfather and Grandmother rocks / Markets. Also best place to eat out (one of the best in Samui we reckon!) is Sabienglae Restaurant - 10 mins walk down the road, just ask reception for directions. The best deal to get a ride into the main centre is standing on the side of the road and wave down a sawng taews (song-towel / a red taxi truck) It's 50THB each to Lamai Center & 100THB to Chaweng.
We also suggest checking out Namuang Safari Park (do one of their tours) for elephant tracking, 4x4 waterfall, 5 x animal shows etc Many Samui day tours were priced over 2,000THB but we always got then down to 1,400-1,700THB, just keep trying a different agents till you find a good one!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- At Rummana Boutique Resort, a little goes a long way. Masterfully designed in every aspect, choose from our "Island Chic" Deluxe Villas or Rummana Suites for a perfect stay, private, peaceful, well-equipped and fully stocked, you'll never want to leave. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Hotwire, Expedia, Orbitz, Agoda, Hotels.com, TripOnline SA and HotelQuickly so you can book your Rummana Boutique Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Rummana Boutique Hotel Lamai Beach
- Rummana Boutique Resort Ko Samui/Lamai Beach