“really good”
Review of Amigo Restaurant

Amigo Restaurant
Cuisines: Seafood
Dining options: Late Night, Delivery, Reservations
Description: Amigo has earned a solid reputation over the years in Mauritius with 32 years of existence and has been established as one of the favorite destinations of Mauritius with the guarantee of embarking you in a unique seafood culinary experience. When you are in the mood for magnificently fresh fish and seafood be sure to come to Amigo restaurant. The restaurant has recently been renovated to offer a cozy and charming atmosphere. Numerous French personalities came to the restaurant such as Jacque Chirac, Julien Lepers, Emmanuelle Beart, Chantal Goya and more. We also offer a courtesy vehicle that can pick and drop you at your conveniences in the neighbouring area.
Reviewed September 3, 2013

The people working there are really nice and we got a gentle and good service. the food was really tasty and the quality was excellent and freh. the prices you pay for the food you get are excellent too. This restaurant is surely worth a visit.

4  Thank a_landgraf_meltzer

Reviewed July 12, 2013

3 kg of lobster between me and my husband! The best one ever! My husband and I were very satisfied! Thanks Amigo!

5  Thank Sandra C
Reviewed March 31, 2013

We should have known... Not enough vegetables for sautéed veg, no Chablis though on menu... Reheated and frozen again rolls (several times...eek!). The gratinated veg probably came out of a Findus box before hitting the plate.... And then, there was the lobster... The stuff they really should know how to do... Dry and unwilling to let go of the shell... After complaint was exchanged for lobster with a bechamel sauce that was way too heavy. Waiter agreed that first serving was too dry. Complimentary discount offered: NADA. Can only advice: DO NOT GO TO THIS PLACE.

2  Thank Chris V
Reviewed March 11, 2013

Just a very average experience all round. The staff were friendly and welcoming but the service was slow, there were just two of us and there was just one other group of four adults and one child so no excuse for the slow service. The location and atmosphere are, I have to use that word again, just very average, nothing special at all.

The 'fresh' seafood trolley had a very strong smell indicating it was not all that fresh at all. They offered 'fresh' king tiger prawns, they looked to be of average size (not the really big ones we get in Mauritius) and we were told three prawns weighed 500grams. ( I would have liked to see them on the scales) at Rs175 per 100 grams that would have been Rs875 (US$30.) for 3 average (yep there is that word again) size king prawns. I passed on the prawns, the price was outrageous.

My fish was very tasty, the portion was tiny compared to other restaurants in the area and the 'salad' was chopped cabbage and carrot which was definitely not fresh - it had a brown tinge to it and I did not eat it.

Our experience was a real let down and I really don't understand some of the rave reviews this restaurant gets. We live in Mauritius and have a pretty good understanding of what is good value for money - this is not it. Tourists beware.

3  Thank Judy W
Reviewed March 10, 2013

We've been meaning to come here for a long time but I won't bother to come again. The staff were friendly and provided good (if a little slow) service but that's the best thing I could say about it. My wife's fish was quite tasty but my tuna was very dry and tasteless. I would be concerned about the freshness of the seafood as I could smell the lobster as it was carted past. The restaurant itself is looking a little tired, the graffiti all over the walls may have been cute once but now it just makes the place look dirty. For its location and standards it's overpriced and a tourist trap.

2  Thank David B