“Very good hotel in a remote town”

We can't find prices for this hotel
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this hotel, but we can search other options in Malda
Golden Park Hotel & Resort
Ranked #2 of 8 Hotels in Malda
Reviewed July 5, 2013

The Golden Park hotel and resort in Malda is a very good option for stay in an otherwise dull town, which houses some interesting ruins of Mughal Bengal era. The rooms are clean, well-maintained and the staff is attentive to needs. The location is a little away from the bustling town hence quite peaceful.
Food options though limited are fairly okay. One of the best choice for a trip to this area.

• Stayed: September 2012, traveled solo
4  Thank Docsport

Reviewed May 9, 2013

Was a bit hesitant to book after looking at other's comments on Trip Advisor but decided to bite the bullet and was pleasntly surprised.

Friendly if sometimes slow service, reasonable food and good value, spacious rooms. Beds are a bit hard but you can ask for an extra mattress.

The location is a bit far away from Malda, but given taht the attarctions in region are Gaur and Pandua (both a lot further down the main road on which the hotel sits) its a good access point for these sites.

Reasonable Bar/Restaurant with ice cold beer but be careful not to order strong beer by accident....

Room Tip: Not much in it really
  • Stayed: March 2013, traveled solo
5  Thank Yorkie1970
Reviewed April 8, 2013

Golden Park hotel is a very poorly maintained hotel with absolutely no facilities or services. Had stayed an Executive Suite (charges per Day around 100 75 USD) with an intention of staying there for 3-4 nights but vacated the room next morning and shifted to another hotel named Hari Om.. Listed below are the reasons for my premature check out:

1. The a/c though working did not give any air conditioning, it worked more like a blower.

2. Even though the hotel is a star category hotel, it still has a normal 22 Inches Television. No bath tub in the bathroom.......

3. Though they claim to provide running Hold Water, we found this to be incorrect. We did not get any hot water for bathing and when we asked the reception they gave very rude and useless answers.

4. The food is at best uneatable......despite shelling out around Rs 2000 for dinner and breakfast, we could not eat THEM. I think the food at very small joints would be much better.

5. They had only omelette and other 2-3 items in the breakfast menu.

6. There was cockroaches and lizards in the room.

7. The 10,000 plus sq. ft water body was empty and dry.

Situated away from the main town of malda, you dont have much options once you check in this hotel. So for me the hotel was a total disaster and i checked out the room at the earliest time i could the next morning.,. So warning fellow travellers to aviod this hotel

Room Tip: Aty best avoid this hotel
  • Stayed: April 2013, traveled as a couple
3  Thank arsaslg
Reviewed February 27, 2013

stayed 2 nights. poor food quality, served unprofessionally, in dirty plates. poorly maintained property, even though nice looking from outside. filthy doors and window panes. we had complementary breakfast for which they brought toasts wrapped in aluminum foil, dirty cups for coffee, 4 sugar cubes. coffee pot looked like it had not been washed.

• Stayed: February 2013

Dear Guest,

Thank you so much for your valuable comment on the service & maintenance part of our hotel. Actually Malda is very small district Town and it is very difficult to retain skilled employees. However I am highly regretted for the inconvenience caused to you during your stay, I assure to take all necessary steps so that other Guest need not to face such problems in future . For any further assistance please feel free to contact me. With warm regards

Reviewed January 9, 2013

After being on the road driving for 13 hours we arrived at 9:30pm completely exhausted after a horrendous trip. Dinner was served in our room since it was already so late which was fine with us.
Our room was spacious with a good sized bathroom and plenty of hot water but the room had a weird design on the doors and walls. Perhaps it has a meaning? It had a king-sized bed but only a double size sheet and blanket which was just enough for one person since it didn't come anywhere close to fitting the mattress. It was a very strange setup! Since it was late evening we did not bother calling reception about this, but I'm sure that they must be aware of it. Instead I used an airline blanket that I travel with and a warm sweater to cover myself with.
We stayed for one night and left at 6:30am for Darjeeling. It was too early for breakfast to be served so we had ordered toast to be brought to our room along with our dinner. It was wrapped up nicely and served by a friendly and courteous waiter.

Since we were there for such a short time and only to sleep, we really can't comment whether we would recommend staying at this Hotel.

• Stayed: October 2012, traveled as a couple

Reviewed January 1, 2013

Reception with lack of professionalism, great room with not clean linen . I have not had the courage to enter the spa, considering the condition of the bathroom. Pitiful dinner at a restaurant, small room, bad food, dirty tablecloth. I gave up continental breakfast under the conditions of jam and difficulty with English.

• Stayed: October 2012, traveled as a couple

Reviewed December 26, 2012

The day before my arrival, I phoned the hotel to advise them that the train from Varanasi would be 5 hours late. These 5 hours became 15 (yes, fifteen) but I was unable to contact them again. The train arrived at Malda Town station not at 7 a.m. but at 10 p.m.; nevertheless their driver Dipak was there to meet me. That's what I call good service! Apparently the train from Varanasi is often very late, so they contact the enquiry service before arranging the pick up.

The hotel is several km. from the centre of Malda with clean and very comfortable rooms and appears to be used mainly for conferences and wedding parties. In fact while I was there, a wedding was being arranged so on the second night, they had to move me to a spare room at a reduced price.

The attraction of Malda is not the town itself but the Islamic monuments in the area, namely Gour and Pandua (a.k.a. Adina). Dipak took me on a tour around these; they are pleasant and show styles that predate the Taj Mahal, but they may be of interest only to the most dedicated admirer of Islamic buildings. It was good however to get a view of Bengali village life. I would also suggest approaching Malda via the more reliable and frequent trains from Calcutta.

• Stayed: December 2012, traveled solo