“Food and service at its best!”
Review of Restaurante Tagoror - CLOSED

Restaurante Tagoror
Good for: Local cuisine, Families with children, Bar scene, Special occasions, Large groups, Romantic
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Late Night, Breakfast, Reservations
Reviewed January 24, 2013

We had a trip to La Gomera to meet up with a friend who recommended the Tagoror. Renee immediately made us very welcome and the views from the terrace are superb. We chose a selection of tapas, king prawns and local fried fish. All the food was lovely but perhaps the fried smoked goats cheese with red mojo stole the show. A big surprise was the local white wine recommended by Renee, it was beautifully crisp and fresh. The lunch lasted all afternoon and it was a struggle to leave and catch the ferry back to Tenerife. I couldn't recommend this restaurant highly enough.

Reviewed January 23, 2013

I do agree you have to wait a little but it worth it for the view alone after all when on holiday on this beautiful Island who is in a hurry?
We went for lunch on Sunday quite busy with only one waitress we did wait a little but she was fun and very proficient the food is local with a few international dishes Thai Curry for one, the tapas type starters are good a lovely melted cheese with dry ham vert yummy and a great Aubergine dish
A very nice place to be on a sunny afternoon
And they will happily arrange a taxi to and fro

Reviewed January 21, 2013

We had a snack at this restaurant on a couple of occasions, and dinner one evening (pizza) with salad. I ordered the "special" burger but they had run out! As previously stated the view from the restaurant is really beautiful and the food ok, but nothing special in my opinion. We had to wait a half an hour to be served one lunchtime (it was Sunday) as the restaurant was busy. The restaurant is just across the road from the Hotel Jardin Tecina and is a good alternative for lunch if you are staying there.

Reviewed January 4, 2013

We went to this restaurant because of the great reviews and were very disappointed. The last review that says this the best restaurant in Santiago and that the service was great from the moment they stepped in was not our experience. We had made reservations and when we arrived we stopd for 15 min. never greeted and finally I went to the bar to tell them. Our reservation was not in the book and he said set where you want. It took another 15/20 min. For the menus to come and so on. At this point there was only 1 person serving everyone and there was a large b- day group as well. Finally the other server/owner arrived. We ordered salad and large shrimp with garlic butter. My caesar salad looked like someone had thrown up on it. Too many things on it not the traditional salad parmesan and croutons I was expecting. Our shrimps had come from the deep freeze and not fresh like I expected. After this the waitress never came back or even looked our way to see if we were okay. I finally had to wave my hands wildly to get her attention and she waved back the same way very condescendingly. I asked for the check and an espresso( which was the best I had had since arriving here on La Gomera)The bill at the end was more than we had paid at Junonia a Fabulous restaurant on the harbor. If you want to go for a drink at sunset, a pizza or an espresso this would be all I would suggest.

Reviewed November 6, 2012

From the first minute of sitting down Renee, the South African owner made you feel welcome.

The one night it poured with rain and we only had our shirts so she got two black bin bags cut a hole for our heads and wrapped us up to keep us dry back to le jardin tecina hotel. She seemed to have the knack having a funny raport with every guest at the same time as serving efficiently.

We usually try to go to a different restaurant every night on holiday but went here 3 times. The steak was to die for and the duck was the biggest duck breast I have ever seen. their speciality is lobster paella but unfortunatley did'nt get chance to try it.

You know it must be a good place when it's run by non natives but is half of the guests are locals.

Highly recommended.