“Quality!”

Junonia
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Reservations
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Reservations
Reviewed June 19, 2014

We ate here twice during our stay, and every meal our party had, was absolutely superb. Starters were large, & we sampled a huge bowl of clams, fish croquettes, squid, several salads, including a goats cheese one. Mains we tried included delicious home made pasta with lobster, fresh fish (shown on a platter before choosing) including tuna, whole sea bream, swordfish & others, steaks & rabbit. There were 8 of us though! Without exception, all the meals were beautifully presented, a good size, and very very tasty. The staff, especially the boss, were lovely, and the service was just right. A nice touch was the chef coming out to see if everything was to our liking. Would highly recommend, and the prices were very good. Even the wines were priced reasonably.

Reviewed June 13, 2014

Apart from the disappointment at the restaurant being closed for the first 10 days of our holiday the wait was well worth it as we ate elsewhere in the area and can confidently say again this is the best food on the island.
The restaurants fresh seafood and hand made pasta dishes are very good and a range of meat dishes are cooked perfectly.
Everything is beautifully presented and the staff very friendly and helpful. Book in advance to ensure you get the opportunity to taste the best.

Reviewed May 28, 2014

Although Playa Santiago on La Gomera is blessed with many great restaurants, if your thinking about somewhere more intimate with outstanding cuisine then Junonia is where I would head for.
On a menu of memorable dishes Owner/Head Chef Fran's hand made pasta is something I will never forget and always look forward to.

Reviewed May 6, 2014

Having done the fish course to death in the week I spent on the island I decided to try a ravioli dish with a pear sauce. It was without a doubt the best pasta dish I have ever been privileged to eat in a restaurant.
I was in awe at the quality and presentation of the other dishes that we're coming out of the kitchen so when my dish I turned up - well....
I just wish thee was a well published website so that I can emphasise to my friends the quality of food this place delivers.
We'll done Junonia!

Reviewed April 25, 2014

This restaurant has a nice view of the sea. It is primarily a fish restaurant and the fresh fish is good, I am used to good sea food and so for me the restaurant was OK but not spectacular but for a small place like La Gomera it was a cut above the others. There is no childs' menu so if you kids do not like fish then I would avoid.