“Poor service”

Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Melton Mowbray, United Kingdom
“Poor service”
Reviewed April 3, 2013

I visited this restaurant in March 2013 over the Easter break. As it was recommended both Trip Advisor and in the Visitors Book in the accommodation we had rented, we had high hopes. Unfortunately, we were disappointed - the food was OK but nothing more and the service was dreadful. Admittedly, my Spanish is pretty patchy but I can identify most things on the menu and will always try and use the language wherever possible. I love fresh fish and ordered what was described as sole on the menu but almost certainly wasn't. The fish wasn't properly cooked and the amount of garlic was so overpowering it was inedible. We had to wait ages for the table to be cleared and another age before a sweet menu arrived - when they eventually did, we then ordered one dessert and one coffee with milk. The dessert never arrived and the coffee arrived black, so was returned. We were very disappointed and (highly unusually for us) left no tip. We loved the restaurant next door, however, (Junonia) which was everything La Cuevita wasn't!

• Visited March 2013

• Polish first
London, United Kingdom
“Disappointing”
Reviewed March 28, 2013

The inside of the restaurant is very unique and beautiful and is unfortunately the most impressive aspect of this restaurant. Service from a couple of the serving staff whilst booking and at the beginning of our meal was indifferent though we then did get a very pleasant young waitress serving us. My starter of stuffed aubergine was extremely bland and was mostly left on the plate. Main course of fish with the salted potatoes was simple and tasty but not the nicest I've had in Santiago. A shame as you feel with a little more effort, this could be the gem of the town.

Visited March 2013
Edinburgh, United Kingdom
“Rude”
Reviewed February 26, 2013

We wanted to eat here. We went in and walked up to the desk where the owner was standing writing in a book. We asked her if there was a table for two. She did not acknowledge our presence for several minutes. She then looked at us and told us they were full.
I don't like being kept waiting just to be acknowledged.
In her shoes I would have looked up - smiled at us - and said something like "Just a minute". I would then have finished my writing and then dealt with the situation
As it was - she came over as rude and snobbish and the restaurant one of those places you don't go to unless you are wearing a tie.

Visited February 2013
leicestershire
“Top fish restaurant”
Reviewed February 17, 2013

"The Cave" is just that, but how they achieve such perfect cooking from such a tiny kitchen is a mystery. Fish is not their only strength but it is a great one - a friend had excellent steak. The room is unique, it's good and it's busy, service can struggle but is freindly and helpful. Don't miss this if you're on La Gomera.

Visited January 2013
new forest, uk
“Lovely!”
Reviewed February 12, 2013

Personally, this was my favourite restuarant of our trip. The portions were very generous but so delicious. We lived on fish all week and they certainly know how to cook it.
Very little english spoken, quite rightly so, must remember my phrase book next time!
We were able to sit outside in December! Very friendly family run restuarant.

Visited December 2012