“Worth a second visit”

Gialos
Ranked #17 of 55 Restaurants in Skopelos Town
Cuisines: Mediterranean, Greek
Good for: Special occasions, Kids, Families with children, Large groups
Dining options: Late Night, Dinner, Lunch, Outdoor Seating, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
rodl
“Worth a second visit”
Reviewed June 8, 2013

On our recent holiday on Skopelos we ate at Gialos twice. It is a very friendly place and we were made to feel very welcome. The food was very good and it was very reasonably priced. The aubergine and feta starter is excellent and the fish they serve is also excellent. I think it is worth listening to what they recommend as we were never disappointed by going with the recommendations.

Visited June 2013

• Greek first
  • Turkish first
Vlissingen, Zeeland
“very good food!”
Reviewed September 23, 2012

We return to the islands over and over again and also to this restaurant for they serve very good, fresh food, the owners are very friendly and offer great hospitality. They explain the specials of the day (always very good and in our experience they do not have the same specials every day) In our opinion one of the best restaurants on Skopelos, we always had perfectly cooked and very tasty meals there. I especially love the fishdishes and my husband equally loves the meatdishes. They do not hesitate to make something special for you or you can easilly make a starter into a main course or vica versa, they adjust the portions and always do something special and make us feel really welcome. Highly recommanded!

• Visited September 2012
Vienna, Austria
“Family atmosphere and great food”
Reviewed August 9, 2012

Located right on the Paralia (harbour), this restaurant is one of my and my family's favourite in Skopelos town. We have never been disappointed the many times I had either 'Tsipouro me meze' or a full dinner there. The service is friendly, cordial, and the food has the home-cooked flavor with an extra flair that will appeal to the international crowd. Come early to make sure you get a table.

• Visited July 2012
Manchester
“Disappointing”
Reviewed July 6, 2012

This restaurant on the harbour in Skopelos actually came recommended to me and was, therefore, all the more disappointing. The staff were dashing about here there and everywhere (not particulary unusual in Greece - sometimes it can even add to the atmosphere of a place!) which might have been justifiable if it wasn't only about 50% full. I ordered one of the 'Specials of the Day' (noting several days later as I passed by that these are actually the 'Specials' of EVERY day! My meal 'Lamb in the Oven' turned up within minutes consisting of five or six small chunks of cold, tough lamb, a serving of rice with sultanas (which was not too bad) and a dollop of cold spinach. I quickly finished my meal and bottle of Tyrnavou Retsina and paid. Leaving the chaotic atmosphere of the place was a relief.

• Visited June 2012