“A real Taverna in a tourist town”
5 of 5 bubbles Review of Stergios

Stergios
Ranked #44 of 53 Restaurants in Skopelos Town
Cuisines: Mediterranean, Greek
Good for: Families with children, Large groups
Dining options: Dinner, Late Night, Breakfast, Lunch, Outdoor Seating, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Waitstaff
Market Bosworth, England
“A real Taverna in a tourist town”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 18, 2013

It's always difficult reviewing restaurants because our individual experiences depend upon so many variables which can change hour by hour and depend upon when you go, who else is there, how busy it is and what expectations you have. So this was our experience. We tried a good number of the harbourside restaurants in Skopelos Town and Stergios was the one we visited the most and went to on our last night. It was quite the best we found.

Its disadvantage is that it's set back a bit from the harbour, overlooking the kid's play park. But don't be put off. If you want a view over the harbour, you can go to the upstairs area (which is unusual in a taverna). The ground floor is a great place to eat, the food is traditional greek with no evidence of use of catering packs! All the meals we had were home cooked and delicious. The house wine was great.

We were made very welcome by Stergio and his staff. There was just no feeling of being ripped off. Honest food, honestly cooked and presented at a reasonable price - in a town that is quite expensive by Greek standards.

Unequivocally recommended.

• Visited June 2013
3 Thank DougCam

• Greek first
  • Polish first
South Yorkshire
“Ok for a drink”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 17, 2013

We called in for a drink whilst visiting Skopelos and just found the place very strange.
The waiter wasn't very friendly at all and the food didn't look that nice so we just had a drink and left.

• Visited August 2013
Wirral
“Yum yum yum and the service is fab!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 26, 2013

I first visited Stergio's restaurant in Skopelos Town at the beginning of my visit to the island for my nieces wedding last year. I have got to say the food was to die for and the service was amazing. I found this to be one of the better places to eat on the island and have visited several times since and would have no hesitation in recommending Stergio's. Just one final thing....we were a party of at least 12 people sitting down to eat at any one time and the although the restaurant was busy with other parties we never waited for our food for any longer periods than you would expect to wait in any restaurant and as previously stated the food did not suffer either. Go visit Stergio's....I promise you will love it!

ireland
“food heaven”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 25, 2013

excellent food the best in skopelos. Shining example of the greek hospitality. Excellent menu great house wine reasonable prices.I can assure you that all dishes are made on site having watched asba working hard. Highlight of my holiday many fond memories of stergios and his hard working staff and family.

Liverpool, United Kingdom
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Stergios Skopelos give it a go”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 25, 2013

Whenever I visit Skopelos I head for Stergios the food is the best I have ever had anywhere in Greece. The lamb kleftiko is really good as are all the meals I had there. I would urge you to try Stergios before you try anywhere else and I can guarantee you will go back to Stergios. The staff and service are fantastic. I have eaten in some of the best restaurants but Stergios beats them all.

1 Thank DanishGunner