Review Highlights
Bike hire

Great staff, great service and some amazing cycling around the hills. Can thoroughly recommend this... read more

Reviewed October 7, 2019
Modge1
Aberdeen, United Kingdom
Rent bikes from Skopelos Cycling and be rewarded with incredible biking and great service

Just enjoyed 4 days of gorgeous bike touring made possible by Panos. We cannot say enough about... read more

Reviewed September 27, 2019
Judith L

All reviews mountain bike the owner bike shop rent a bike great service reasonable rates great range explore the island panos bikes helmets ride equipment roads map mtb quality
Selected filters
Reviewed June 29, 2013

If you are into biking, this is a place I recomend. Good quality bicycles and good service. Due to the roadconditions in Skopelos I would recomend a mountainbike rather then a street bike. But that´s just me. The island itself is perfect or biking.
//Håkan Pohl

Date of experience: June 2013
Reviewed June 4, 2013

I had an amazing time on the bicycle rented from Skopelos Cycling. First of all they delivered top class bicycles and equipment. They have all you need of equipment at no extra cost, safety of the cyclist is truly important for the owner. The service generally is also very good and they tell you nice places to go, which made my trip fantastic, either your in for a hard exercise or just sight-seeing. The rental cost was not high either. Last, but also very important - the owner is a very gentel and nice guy! Enjoy!

Date of experience: June 2013
Reviewed November 22, 2012

Skopelos Cycles is 'spot on' for service. Bikes are in good condition and ALL the safety gear is provided (lights, helmets etc.). My wife hadn't ridden for some time but Panos was really sympathetic and ensured that she got exactly the right bike. Island is hilly but if you go up you must come down! Hardly have to pedal back down into Skopelos Town!

Date of experience: August 2012
Reviewed September 18, 2012

....Well, having read a couple of reviews I can only conclude that there is something very 'fishy' going on here; for a kick off we didn't see that many cyclists whilst we were on Skopelos, and for good reason I'd suggest. Unless you've gone to Skopelos to train for the Alpine section of the TdF or you're a complete masochist you'd be well advised to give cycling a swerve - if the mountainous terrain doesn't finish you off then you'd better watch out for the traffic. There were lots of things on two wheels whilst we were there but 99.9999% had an engine fitted!

Hire a jeep and go exploring, Mt Delphi is great!

Date of experience: August 2012
6  Thank T5-Andy
skopeloscycling, Owner at Skopelos Cycling, responded to this reviewResponded October 8, 2012

Dear Andy,

I would not take the time to answer your review if you were not implying that the reviews of Skopelos cycling are not trusty.

First of all you are not reviewing my business. You are expressing your personal opinion about cyclists and about the terrain of skopelos.

To the first I can answer that yes we are strange people but I wouldn’t describe us as masochists. Although I can understand your thinking because I have faced it many times the last three year I have been cycling on Skopelos by many people. On the other hand I find it more masochistic driving around with the air conditioning on looking out the window, or having the noise of the motorbike in my ears as I explore the island, but that is again personal opinion.

As for the terrain I wouldn’t say that two tops of 680m and 560m is even close to the alpine section of TdF. I have wished many times for longer climbs but I have to travel to other places to find them. And I have only a small fraction of Wiggins skills..

Finally to answer you why Skopelos cycling gets so many good reviews think about this. You wouldn’t like driving a crappy jeep around the island I guess? My clients don’t like riding crappy bikes. This is why try to give them good quality bikes and they like it.

It would be nice if you had visited the shop before writing this review. I could give you some answers regarding cycling on Skopelos.

Panos

Reviewed September 10, 2012

We hired 2 bicycles with the intention of a coast to coast cycle ride but unfortutely I got heat exhaustion half way there and started babbling and crying so we came back. But that wasn't Panos' fault except that maybe he should have clocked our advancing years and spare tyres and suggested a shorter route...be warned, Panos is very fit and no longer notices that Skopelos is extremely hilly! But up in the forests it was beautiful and the downhills were a joy. Best day of our holiday.

Date of experience: September 2012