“Easter Friday Lunch.”

Ranked #2 of 33 Restaurants in Stanford
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Lunch, Outdoor Seating, Reservations
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Lunch, Outdoor Seating, Reservations
Reviewed April 7, 2013

We were told of this Restaurant by friends and as we were in the area over Easter we had lunch on Easter Friday. We were greeted by Innes, who is just a Fab Hostess. Wine was served up at a pace, and then food was discussed, I had the MUSSEL starter and them the FAMOUS Pork belly, with a large slice of Crisp crackling,.Both dishes were very tasty. Other food at the table of 5, was also very tasty. As the afternoon progressed and the wine was consumed the restaurant became
very relaxed and fun.
Innes and THE CHEF ARE GREAT HOSTS.
A wonderful find and must be visited often.

Reviewed March 28, 2013

Sitting out on the vine covered verandah looking onto the picturesque mountains while being served the the most mouthwatering dishes by a heartwarmingly humorous hostess is probably the most perfect way to spend a lazy, languid afternoon. This little eatery is a wonderful gem of a place.Thanks Innes and Bryden. We shall be visiting again soon.

Reviewed March 26, 2013

I never miss a chance to eat here, The food is fantastic and the vibe is great. Bryden and Ines are the wonderful hosts who ensure that your every need is catered for. If the devilled kidneys are on the menu don't pass them up. The pork belly is another favourite.

Reviewed March 7, 2013

The food at Havercrofts is so good that we rarely progress beyond the starter menu. 'One of each,please!' said my friend on Saturday when asked for his choice of starter. Once he was told to behave, he settled on the famous devilled kidneys served on a crisp, golden potato rosti. As a main course he chose a mansize helping of the very same - that's how good it was!

I chose chilled cucumber soup with roasted ground almonds, garlic and yogurt which was particularly delicious, and well received on a summer's day. This was followed by an utterly sublime bit of Eland. Melt in your mouth stuff with some very clever reduction.

With Popeye in the kitchen, and Ms Spratt out front as the entertainment, the experience was indeed memorable. Rarely can one plan for a bite of lunch and be rewarded with such a truly enjoyable meal. Sitting under a vine pergola with spectacular views across farmland and vineyards with quite possibly the most amusing hostess in the hospitality trade (apart from the topless ones at Teazers) this is the place to be for laughter, great food and great local wines.

1  Thank mankankela
Reviewed February 18, 2013

When I turn onto the short track that leads to Havercrofts I know I'm about to enjoy the best meal of my holiday and that despite my best intentions I will indulge in 3 courses (not just because I'm greedy, but because the food is to die for). The beautiful landscape and the quirky blackboard figures introducing the hosts are the first indication that you are about to have a delightful afternoon. Innes is a unique character, she "joins" your table and provides anecdotes and asides which have you in fits of laughter (many about "the chef", her husband Brydon, who cooks the most mouth watering food). The menu is great quality, locally sourced produce, which changes each visit and more importantly the food is fabulous.

Not to be missed is the adjoining "Potting Shed" where you can pick up some of Brydons curds, chutneys, sweets and even dog biscuits. I usually over shop much to the delight of my Capetonian family and friends.

It is worth booking as it is becoming increasingly popular and it can be difficult to get a table. Havercrofts is a highlight not be missed, even if you are not staying in the surrounding area it is a lovely drive and oh my God the food, the food.....................