“A place we always go back to”
Review of Havercrofts

Havercrofts
Ranked #2 of 33 Restaurants in Stanford
Dining options: Breakfast, Lunch, Late Night, Outdoor Seating, Reservations
Dining options: Breakfast, Lunch, Late Night, Outdoor Seating, Reservations
Reviewed January 22, 2013

I visit Stanford a few times a year and go to Havercrofts not once, but always twice during my stay. That's the kind of place it is. More-ish. There are always old friends on the menu - like the heavenly devillish kidneys (worth going to hell for) - and then always something new to surprise and delight. The food, cooked by chef Bryden is fantastic. The view is breath-taking and my family and our dog Zwiggy are always made to feel specially welcome by Innes, Bryden's other half and partner. Havercrofts is everything a restaurant should be And more.

There are newer reviews for Havercrofts

Reviewed January 19, 2013

From the minute we made our reservation we began to anticipate, nay salivate over, our favourite Havercroft dishes. My husband had decided a month before that he was having deviled kidneys, and Sunday roast. He also began telling everyone we met about our upcoming weekend in the Overberg and what he would be eating at Havercroft’s. I had decided that this was the visit I would skip starters so I could, for once, have space for Brydon’s homemade ice-cream. On reviewing the menu—after a warm welcome from Innes—we found it hard to stick to our plan. You see, it was impossible not to eavesdrop on those more regular diners as they detailed the full taste and texture sensation of each dish on the menu to their own guests. Each table told tales of how amazing the soufflé was, whilst others spoke of the deviled kidneys, flourless chocolate cake, Yorkshire puddings, pork crackling, and more. It was clear that no matter what we ordered we would not be disappointed. And it’s true! My plan failed as I decided on a light three course meal, chilled tomato and red pepper soup—better than any I have had whilst in the Mediterranean—followed by an amazingly summery homemade Paneer curry, and then three scoops of that much anticipated ice cream. My husband stuck with his plan of kidneys followed by the roast beef Sunday lunch. He declined dessert stating his fullness, but on tasting my ice cream he lunged for the bowl and guzzled up most of it before I had realized what had happened! Having visited Havercroft’s a number of times now I can confidently state that you will never be disappointed, the food is always of a consistently high standard and the service delightfully entertaining.

Reviewed January 14, 2013

We booked this unbelievable little restuarant for my Parents 50th Wedding Anniversary and it proved to be the best call of the day.
The small, cosy and intimate atmosphere fueled by our hostess had us chatting and laughing as well as wine tasting with our neighbouring table.
Everything on the menu sounded good and looked even better as it was placed on the table. This little Gem is a recipe for success and I look forward to returning with friends who enjoy fine food and wine.

Reviewed January 9, 2013

Where to start? In so many areas your expectations will be exceeded. This small place packs a massive punch. Chef Bryden (eye candy indeed-he can't help it, bless him!) produces a menu of truly delicious food choices - always with an innovative twist and any local/seasonal goodies- prepared and cooked to perfection. This is food worthy of any 'larny, fine-dining' establishment, anywhere! (all the more amazing that it ocmes from his cottage kitchen). The winelist has a variety at great value, intelligently sourced. All this is explained and delivered by the Divine Diva herself, Innes -the other half of the dynamic duo. A fabulous team doing a fabulous job, for the love of it and it shows! Now this is where it gets impossible to quantify the 'value-added' of the whole Havercrofts experience. Between them, with the help of their girls, and dogs, and hilarious tales, they create the most infectious atmosphere of pleasure for everyone to share. Absolute strangers will start talking across tables to each other, laughter abounds. People leave smiling and happy to have been there - Priceless. Whatever time of year, the pleasure is still the same - please visit, you will return.

Reviewed December 27, 2012

We were privileged to visit Havercrofts for Christmas Lunch. The ambience and service was excellent delivered by Innes and Chef Bryden impresses with scrumptious dishes such as salmon soufflé, chilled bell pepper soup, turkey with all the trimmings, crepe suzette and Christmas pudding ice-cream. Its difficult not to over-indulge here as everything is made and presented with perfection. You cannot visit this area and not stop by at Havercrofst. Be sure to stock up on some home-made fudge sold in the pantry.

1  Thank AlidaMariaHugo