“True country hospitality in a serene setting”
Review of Madre's Kitchen - CLOSED

Madre's Kitchen
Cuisines: African
Dining options: Breakfast, Reservations
Description: Fabulously situated on the Stanford Wine Estate (on the R43 in Stanford), this organic vegetable garden kitchen was recommended to us by locals & was a fabulous find. A glass of chilled sauvignon blanc & a simple but excellent lunch whilst watching the coots play on the small lake in front of the kitchen. A rustic paradise situated between the whale watching at Hermanus and De Kelders.
Reviewed November 29, 2012

Well...where start. this delightful hideaway serves as a as more than just a place to enjoy very well prepared traditional south african fare, but as there is food for the body, this place is food for the soul. I always feel rejuvenated upon leaving, as i truly believe that the ethos on which this destination is run, is secretly what we all wish to have in our own lives. looking forward to next time. thank you Madre and her team....(and not forgetting the very slow moving but delightful sausage dog) :-p

Reviewed October 24, 2012

What an amazing place! This little restaurant is just charming and the food was just WOW!
I had read about it in a magazine and it said that booking was necessary but we were lucky and had a delicious lunch without booking. The food is really fresh, tasty and beautifully presented. We both had waterlily tart with bacon and cheese, FANTASTIC. The cakes and puds looked amazing and the menu was quite small so they really ensure that the quality is high.
We visited on a very gloomy day but the pond and mountain views are beautiful. The shop looked enticing as did the vineyard wine cellar.
Highly recommended.

Reviewed September 26, 2012

Madre's Kitchen was as charming and yummy as I remembered from a previous visit. Despite being quite busy the staff were friendly and attentive and the beautiful view of the mountains and pond create the most wonderful, restful atmosphere. Its family friendly too, with a play area to entertain the kids wihtin the eyesight of their parents.

We arrived just before the lunch menu was ready and staff were happy for us to sit and have coffee and enjoy the atmosphere until lunch was served as unfortunately there were no options inbetween breakfast and lunch. I was served a delectable trout, strawberry and fennel salad and my husband thoroughly enjoyed his lamb pie. We will definitely be returning!

Reviewed September 22, 2012 via mobile

Madre's kitchen has many charming features - a beautiful pond and gardens, a working farm and a lovely little store. However, for me the restaurant was certainly not one of them.

Being pregnant and vegetarian meant my options were severely limited. They were not at all prepared to accommodate me by deviating from the menu in the slightest and thus I chose a meal which was not exactly to my liking and which was mostly eaten by my husband.

I understand the restaurant makes use of seasonal produce, etc. and thus the menu is a limited one. However, I do feel some level of being accomodating is not only necessary but also to be expected.

Reviewed September 6, 2012

A quaint little restaurant tucked away just off the main road. Well worth a stop. Their menu is limited but freshly made and their cakes are delicious! Their little kitchen shop is full of surprises and lots of lovely items. Take the time to have lunch here, overlooking the little lake with the ducks approaching the tables!