“Yummy, yummy and more yummy”
Review of Marianas

Marianas
Ranked #7 of 36 Restaurants in Stanford
Cuisines: Mediterranean
Good for: Local cuisine, Special occasions, Romantic
Dining options: Lunch, Reservations
Reviewed May 26, 2013

Had Sunday lunch here. The food was excellent, the service really good and the atmosphere relaxed and welcoming. I had heard so much about Marianna's and the rave reviews were spot on. We spent a very pleasant after lunch hour relaxing in the garden, wine in hand and happily full tummies. What a great way to end a weekend away, I will definitely be back!

1  Thank Lucy B

Reviewed May 4, 2013

This is not just a restaurant, it is an exclusive and unique dining experience. Almost everything is home made here and as fresh as it could possibly be. This is because most ingredients is grown on the grounds itself. Truly amazing food. The service is not just good, it is personal. This is a place to be experienced by all.

1  Thank PrismKDog
Reviewed March 25, 2013

I visited Marianas for lunch with some friends and enjoyed the experience, Very nice setting and ambience with good food and reasonable choice of wines on offer.

1  Thank PeaceValleyBandB
Reviewed March 15, 2013

Mariana's had been recommended as a "must" by several people so I'm very glad that I made my reservation for Sunday lunch well in advance.

We were shown to our table on the stoep, overlooking the beautiful garden & were soon enjoying a cold Windhoek while Peter explained the menu.

We started with a delicious fig salad with quails legs for myself. This was followed by an amazing dish of duck served with clementines while I worked my way through a scrummy hake curry. This was extremely delicate with an amazing sensation of different flavours. We washed down the food with an excellent pinot noir.

We just managed to finish with a choc pot & my passion fruit tart & ice cream really hit the spot. At £20 per head, including tip, this has to be the best value gourmet dining in the whole of SA!

3  Thank nicmeljones
Reviewed March 10, 2013

I was able to return to Marianas last month with my sister and brother-in-law that we were traveling with. My husband and I made the suggestion so wanted it to be great. It was! As before, the food was as fresh as it could be and the combinations of veggies, spices, herbs were fantastic. Mariana is as creative as chefs come and Peter is an absolute delight as a host. The atmosphere is so relaxed, not fussy....let's call it "country village", the ideal place to leisurely digest great food and good wine. I am somewhat ashamed to say that after a fulfilling meal in every way, we ate 2 desserts! Delicious!