All reviews stunning views short drive guest house shetland loch seals chalet
Reviewed August 14, 2016

Relaxing with a stunning view. You have the option of staying in a regular hotel room with breakfast or one of the two lodges which have all the ammentities -- kitchen, washing machines, multiple roooms. We stayed in the lodge which was the perfect place for a group of friends with children -- lot's of space to accomodate playing reading and staggered meal times.

Meals can be ordered in advance and are very good. One of the locals indicated that the bar is one of the few "classic Scottish bars" in the area, with the fireplace and a general warm feeling. Do not depart without sampling the Sticky Toffee Pudding -- wow!

If you travel without a car, there is a bus to Lerwick a few times a day and cabs are easy and inexpensive if you are local. If you want to be more mobile, you should rent a car as once you get outside of Lerwick everything is spread out.

The countryside is breathtaking and Keith, Martin, Tracey and all the team will do all they can to make your stay a memory.

Room Tip: Just tell Tracey what you are looking for and she'll help find the right space
  • Stayed: August 2016, traveled with friends
Reviewed July 28, 2016

This hotel has a spectacular of the North Sea, and a bar and the menu has a multitude of options on it, and there is no problem asking for alternatives. I spent a couple of days there, it was extremely good, and Keith and the staff were most welcoming. There is a bar in the hotel, selling local beers and sea weed infused gin!

Room Tip: room 10 or 11 with great views
  • Stayed: July 2016, traveled on business
1  Thank alan Y
Reviewed July 18, 2016

I stayed at The Spiggie Hotel as part of my Shetland Holidays package. I loved it from the moment I arrived and was made to feel very welcome by the owner and his staff. I loved the fact that I could walk down to the beach easily and I would love to have a holiday simply staying at this lovely place.

Room Tip: I stayed in the hotel itself. I'm not sure what the other rooms (lodges) are like
  • Stayed: July 2016, traveled solo
1  Thank kerryanneogrady
Reviewed July 5, 2016

I stayed at the hotel because I was joining the Shetland Wildlife photographic safari, and booked for a few more days.

It is set in a beautiful location, with many scenic walks. The staff are wonderful, very friendly and helpful, and the food is great. My room was large and sunny.

• Stayed: June 2016, traveled solo
1  Thank batier2016
Reviewed June 29, 2016

I visited this hotel as part of my "Shetland Wildlife" holiday (travelling solo within a group of 15). I stayed in one of the lodges, where the accommodation was basic but clean and well heated. There were three en-suite bedrooms and a communal lounge, plus a kitchen with complimentary tea, coffee and biscuits. It was a minute or so's walk back to the main hotel with its cozy bar and spacious dining room. Keith, the hotel owner, is also the excellent chef. The food was mostly locally sourced and consistently delicious. The staff could not have been friendlier or more helpful (special thanks are due to Martyn). I would love to return to The Spiggie Hotel and Lodges one day, and hope to do so as part of another group holiday. The only reason I can't aware an overall 5 star rating is the fact that my room was somewhat small and the bathroom decidedly so.

Room Tip: I think all rooms probably have a loch view. The location is fabulously quiet!
  • Stayed: June 2016, traveled solo