“outstanding service”
Review of Hotel Minoa

Hotel Minoa
Ranked #1 of 1 Hotels in Katapola
Reviewed October 6, 2012

Many good hotels are around but Stamatis , the young owner of Minoa give the pace for the meaning of excellent service. Even if you dont ask anything , he is coming to offer you something. Very generous rooms -some with sea view -and all the amenities you expect from a small smart hotel of 10 rooms . It is an experience . Dont miss it!

Room Tip: Pay the dufference for sea view if available
  • Stayed: October 2012, traveled solo

Reviewed September 9, 2012

I have never stayed in a port area before this for the simple fact that it just seemed too bustling and busy. When planning my trip to Amorgos I saw a lot of great reviewsfor the Minoa and thought I would give it a shot. I am so glad I did as it was a wonderful experience. Stamatis and Ioanna were fabulous hosts and helpful with anything I needed. Their hotel is cute and the rooms are simple and clean. The bed was comfortable. The rooms were were quiet thanks to the double paned windows. Tons of hot water in the shower. By this timeI amfinally getting used to these handheld showers in Greek hotels. Located very close to the bus stop so convenient for getting around the island. Good value for the money. Lovely ending my days here sitting under the bougonvillia tree in the front garden, smelling the jasmine blooming. Breakfast was yummy and includes homemade jams and tomatoes they grow in the back garden of the hotel. And lets not forget the AMAZING treats sold in their little lobby shop. Calories don't count on vacation so I totally indulged! Everyone that works at the hotel is fab and always fun chatting with Poppy while eating breakfast or a sweet treat.
Be sure to eat at Mouragio nearby as the food is so good. I had the best Pasticio of my trip there!

Room Tip: I was in room 16 with a view of the lovely bougonvillia and the port
  • Stayed: September 2012, traveled solo
3  Thank HollyCA12345
Reviewed August 2, 2012

Very charming and friendly hotel, with extraordinary friendly and hospital staff. The new patissierie is so worth visting! Rooms very clean and spacious, fresh flowers on arrival, always personell available in the reception. Recommended. Very good value for the money.

• Stayed: July 2012, traveled with family
Reviewed July 9, 2012

at first, i was a little disappointed with the location, but exploring all parts of the port revealed some quaint, romantic little gems around the area. the hotel is very close to the wharf in the port, the owners are extremely friendly, and rooms are clean and spacious. most places in greece have hand-held showers, and this is no exception...ok for us baldies, but anyone who has long hair may need to do some juggling in the shower... we rented cars thru the hotel and found we were close to everythung, chora, agia anna bay.... great place.... hotel minoa accepts credit/debit cards, but most places on amorgos do not...

• Stayed: July 2012, traveled as a couple
Reviewed June 20, 2012

My Wife and I were gerryatric backpacking [off roar wheely casees]in May 2012 and found this realy great hotel,clean comfortable reasonable price and very friendly,but be warned it sits over a cake shop!!we will be back.Anne & Roger

• Stayed: May 2012, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Roger P
Reviewed May 23, 2012

As per usual, on our holiday, we arrived in the late afternoon, on little island, with no booking for accommodation. We decided to look at the Minoa and were given an excellent room at a great price.
The room was beautiful and everything was fresh and new. The bathroom was a nice size and with good facilities. The rooms have double glazing to kill noise outside and they work very well. It's in the busiest part of the port but that makes no difference. The air conditioning is new and has good filters.
The staff were extremely nice and very helpful. One of the best aspects of this hotel is it's unusual reception winch doubles up as a cafe selling some really tasty sweet treats. Highly recommended for both short and long stays. Breakfast was definitely worth getting up for.
The owners have made a huge commitment and it's easy to see. I hope it benefits for a long time to come. Ten out of ten.

• Stayed: May 2012, traveled as a couple
Reviewed March 2, 2012

I decided to write down my comments for some hotels i have visit in the past.
One of them is Hotel Minoa, which i visited on last June when i went to Amorgos
I was searching for a cheap solution with standards of clean room, and safety.
So i called the reception for imformations and a very friendly voice answered to me. It is always a big pleasure to get when i speak with people with kindness and smile, easily realized even from the phone!
With the nice price the owner offered to me, i was sure that this is the place that i was looking for.to spend with my couple our vacations on this great island.
The reality covered our expectations and at some points exeeded them.
The hotel is located just 50 meters from the port and it's on the main square of Katapola.
We desided to stay in Katapola, just because is the only place on Amorgos from wich you can reach very easy and more quickly at every point of the island, than from any other village on it.
Ioanna and Stamatis, the owners of Minoa, welcomed us as friendly as they answered our first call 2 weeks ago. They gave us a room with garden view. Unfortunately the seaside rooms were all occupied. But it was so beautiful and peacefull that we don't regret it.
We strongly recomended room 4 (although we don't saw how the rest of the rooms are) for the nice view on the garden and the mountain.
But the most amazing think was the bult-in bed wich is part of the traditional Cycladic style.as Ioanna explained us.
A big plus is the cleanliness of the rooms. Every day, a very kind lady take care of this!
If i go again, i'm sure that i will return to the same hotel.....do the same ;-)

• Stayed: June 2011, traveled as a couple
4  Thank aetopetritis
Also consider these accommodations in or near Katapola
Vigla Hotel
#5 of 12 in Amorgos
Amorgion Hotel
Amorgion Hotel
#3 of 13 in Katapola

Been to Hotel Minoa? Share your experiences!