I've just returned from three nights in the Kavos and it reminded me why I fell in love with the hotel two years ago. From the moment we were greeted by Sarah at reception with the line 'we're very relaxed here', everything was near on perfect.
The hotel is set in the small resort of Agios Prokopios, just a few hundred metres away from the golden sands of the beach. Being separated from the larger town of Hora by a hill / mountain, the Kavos is a beautifully sheltered spot; whilst the rest of the island felt breezy, the conditions at the hotel were calm and still enabling some serious tanning action - a welcome surprise in mid-October.
The staff, led by manager Barbara, are exceptional. Both Barbara and Sarah are incredibly knowledgable about the island and gave us some excellent recommendations for sights and restaurants. Their key talent, however, is to provide this excellent service in a manner which is friendly, welcoming and never remotely pushy - almost as though you've known them for years.
The villas are spacious and clean with beautiful landscaped terraces. A bar and restaurant is situated next to the stunning infinity pool from where you can lie back and watch the boats drift by on the nearby sea. It's so picturesque that we ended up spending more time here than anywhere else (although many of the bars and restuarants in Hora had closed for the season).
Having read the very few negative reviews of the Kavos, I can only suggest that those who wrote them take a tip from the Kavos and learn to relax more. If you're looking for something showy, fussy and 'bling' the Kavos probably isn't for you - but if you prefer something original, authentic and utterly, utterly relaxing, then I can't recommend the Kavos highly enough
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Kavos Boutique Hotel Naxos is an inviting collection of stylish and comfortable suites, apartments and indepdent villas with full and friendly hotel service. We are located in an enviable position facing south towards the glorious beach of Agios Prokopios with sparkling sea views towards Ios and Santorini. We are happy and friendly, focused on our guests' comfort and satisfaction. Accommodation is individual, spacious, comfortable with a hint of luxury, not crowded into a block but naturally located through our Mediterranean garden. Our guests return year after year or send their friends and family, you will understand why when you visit! A few steps through the gardens bring you to our swimming pool, poolbar and restaurant. Chill and swim with a panoramic view of sea, sky and islands. Sip a cocktail at sunset swinging in a hammock or lazing on sofas. Try some of the island’s best food in our highly-rated Stelida Restaurant. Just enjoy the blissful feeling of Kavos Naxos! ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Hotels.com, Agoda, Priceline and TripOnline SA so you can book your Kavos Boutique Hotel Naxos reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Kavos Hotel Agios Prokopios
- Kavos Boutique Hotel Naxos Stelida