The hotel is clean and quiet. Not a party location although the owner goes out of his way to make you feel at home. I am told this is typical of people who live in crete, they are extremely hospitable. We were invited to eat with the family and offered LOTS of Raki :)
Please note, directly opposite the hotel is a FANTASTIC organic butcher. He sells amazing Raki and Feta which was Delicious.
The hotel is located in a remote area so a car is recommend if not essential. A great location for exploring the west side of the island. One of the best nearby beaches is Falasarna a small drive approximately 30 mins away by car. The local beach is pebbly water is not a clear as Falasarna.
There is a bus stop 2-3 min walk from the hotel which is serviced in summer 20- 30 min intervals, until midnight. The bus goes to Chania via the old road which runs along the edge of the island which is a 40- 50 min journey air conditioned buses and approximately 2.50 euros. Chania is a quick 15 - 20 min drive on the motorway.
There are two local supermarkets nearby turn left out of the hotel and walk about 15 mins.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Alonia apartments allocates swimming-pool and reception while the personnel speaks fluently the English and Italian language. Twelve from the apartments they have view the sea while four from them they have view in the swimming-pool. Alonia apartments is a familial enterprise and your accommodation there, you will make to feel as at home. In small distance from the apartments they are Bars, Cafe, restaurants and Supermarket. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Agoda, Priceline and Booking.com so you can book your Alonia Apartments reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Alonia Apartments Kolymbari
- Alonia Apartments Hotel Kolymbari
- Alonia Apartments Crete/Kolymbari