“Great guy, great wine!”
Review of Karavitakis Winery

Karavitakis Winery
Ranked #2 of 12 things to do in Kolymbari
Reviewed March 1, 2013

We stumbled upon this winery while in Crete this past October for our honeymoon. The owner was incredibly nice, informative and helpful... in addition to telling us about the region and the wines, he gave us great tips on other things to do/see.

The wines were all amazing and it was interesting to hear about some of the different varieties specific to the area. We just opened a bottle we purchased while there and it was perfect. I only wish we could buy more good Greek wines here in the States!

2  Thank acmiller83
Nikos K, Owner at Karavitakis Winery, responded to this reviewResponded March 6, 2013

Thank you for all your kind words. I am very happy that you were satisfied with your visit to our winery. We hope that more people will follow and visit the wineries here. We have a lot to show in terms of quality.
I expect to see you back here in Crete.

All reviews
in 6 reviews
"rose"
in 4 reviews

Reviewed February 16, 2013

Had the most amazing time for our visit. The most hospitable family with such a joy regarding their work, that even me who doesn't really enjoy wine, was drawn toward the drink and the way they make it. And I even enjoyed every sample they served! Everyone should reward themselves with a visit to the winery and the fantastick view on the way there. Looking forward to returning for Easter.

2  Thank Brandt-Lassen
Nikos K, Owner at Karavitakis Winery, responded to this reviewResponded February 21, 2013

Thank you for your kind words. Hope your experience was worth it. we will be waiting for you again to taste more wines

Reviewed December 15, 2012

We were driving back from Apo Vouves to our hotel in Chania and saw the signal of the winery on the road.
We stopped in front of the winery and Nikos invited us to come in, he was very friendly and welcoming !
Very nice wine and LOVELY place ! If you pass by don't miss it !
Thanks again Nikos for your sympathy !
Jose & Vanessa (June 2012)

2  Thank josrod
Nikos K, Owner at Karavitakis Winery, responded to this reviewResponded December 17, 2012

I have to thank you for stopping by. I know that greek wineries are not as famous as other regions wineries but we are trying our best. I hope this have been a nice experience for you . Hope to see you again and enjoy our wines

Reviewed November 13, 2012

If you like wine then this is the place to go when you are in Chania. A beautiful place with a great sense of taste, the surroundings are pure Greek nature and the honors are people that will go the extra mile for your satisfaction.
The wine produced there is a family story and the results are several really tasteful wines. The prices are good and you may take wine back home.

Do not miss this was a great experience!!!!!!!!

2  Thank Diakonis