1,634 results
All reviews private pool asian restaurant cretan breakfast pool bar main restaurant al fresco piano player animation team hotel area star hotel beautiful hotel main pool small children special thanks kids club dress code half board
Selected filters
Reviewed July 15, 2016 via mobile

This was our second time visiting Avra hotel. We were so impressed with our first visit that we decided to go back after 4 years.
The room was very spacious for us and our 2 children. The pool is great but you need to get up early in the morning and get your seats because after 9 o'clock you will not be able to find anything!
The breakfast was very good with large variety.
We had a problem ordering lunch on the pool bar. We were waiting for one hour for them to bring our light snacks, sandwiches and salad which was unacceptable as the pool bar was not packed with people. Another couple that ordered the same time as us did not wait and left. We had The same problem on our last day when we ordered room service again with light snacks. After waiting for about one hour I decided to call them back and told me that the boy that answered the phone had forgot our room number!
On our stay we tried the Asian restaurant. Way overpriced for the quantity and quality they offer. I would not recommend it!
The Italian was nice.
Overall our stay was average. I was waiting to have the dream holidays we had 4 years ago but i was slightly disappointed.

Trip type: Traveled with family
Reviewed July 13, 2016

We came back from Avra 3 days ago and we already miss this place. Rooms are spacious and very nice. Pools and sunbeds are fantastic. Meals will never make you feel bored - you can expect something different everyday. But the best of all is staff. Elli - thank you for being so nice everyday! Sertzian (yes, this is the guy who works everyday by the pool and does his best to organize sunbed for everyone) thank you for being funny and helpful, you are the best.
By the way - Crete is amazing. You totally have to visit Balos and Falasarna.

• Trip type: Traveled as a couple
3  Thank Dominika P
Reviewed July 11, 2016 via mobile

The hotel was great and verry clean ! The staf was also verry helpfull,friendly and kind! In the first place Elli Michelioudaki , the lady who guided us to out table. She is the sun of avra imperial!! Thank you Elli! But the only disadvantage are the sunbeds... You need to wake up verry early to put your towel because otherwise you don't have place.

Trip type: Traveled with family
1  Thank tinne007
Reviewed July 7, 2016

Lovely hotel with very nice rooms and the food is very good , two nice big pools one fresh and the other salt. I found the staff to be friendly and helpful. "But" The hotel is in a very quite area and there in no night life that we found outside or inside the hotel. The hotel is popular with family's so lots of children which makes meal time a bit hectic and at times messy. Because the weather was very hot both pools were full with children from about 10 til 5 most days so no quite time to cool off. The hotel does have a beach area which is very nice and a bar there as well which is great but not open in the evening which was a shame
You do get free wi-fi
We had an issue with the noise from the room next to ours and we were given a replacement straight away but the air conditioning didn't work very well so hot and sticky in the room most nights

• Trip type: Traveled with friends
2  Thank Kalvin F
Reviewed July 7, 2016

The room was big and nice. The bed was comfortable. The bathroom had a bathtub and a shower. The bathroom was a good size. The balcony was ok, containing two chairs and a table. I had not the best view from my room - I could only see some trees and a road running along the hotel. The hotel offers free wi-fi, but I found it very difficult to connect to wi-fi.The staff were really nice. What really impressed me, was the breakfast. It was really good, and there is something to everybody´s taste here.
The pool area is great, and the pool is a good size. it may be difficult to find a subbed if you are late in the morning, but I always managed to find one.
The hotel is located in a quiet place, and you won't find many restaurants or pubs outside the hotel. If you want to stay at a party place, find a different city. There is not much entertainment at the hotel - only a piano player or guitar players. I would have preferred more entertainment in the evenings. There are three restaurants at the hotel. I would recommend the Italian one.
In short, I would recommend this hotel to anyone who wants to stay at a nice hotel located in a quiet place.

Date of stay: June 2016