“Going up market”

Cuisines: Greek, Seafood
Dining options: Late Night, Breakfast, Dinner, Delivery, Reservations
Dining options: Late Night, Breakfast, Dinner, Delivery, Reservations
Reviewed October 27, 2013

New decor, attentive service and pre meal appetisers all contribute to make a restaurant not a simple Taverna.
We have always enjoyed our food here but have noticed that as the tourist season builds up the service, quality and quantity of the food diminishes slightly.
Very clean.

Reviewed October 27, 2013 via mobile

I've been to Palio many times after two consecutive years visiting Crete and staying around Kolymbari. Palio is not only the best restaurant in the region, but I could easily say it's a lot better than many in Chania! You get a basket of fresh warm bread, olive paste, sundry tomatoes, desert, filtered water and raki for free. Their olive oil and vinegar are top quality! The food is unbelievably good, I never tried anything that wasn't up to high standards. Staff is greatly polite and friendly, location is nice but be aware, it can get very busy! At the end, you really feel like you are not paying as much as you should so I always give good tips! A whole meal for 2 costs around 35 euros with all the freebies!
Please try the meatballs with ouzo sauce, they are amazing!

Reviewed October 20, 2013

We stayed nearby in the Avra Hotel and although we were on half board and not exactly starving we ended up coming here a few times for some light afternoon snacks like salads, tzaziki, bread (fantastic, freshly baked and warm) or a seafood starter to share. We always got the same friendly and attentative service and a bottle of raki to start with and a great desert to finish with which was not charged for (neither was the water). I would highly recommend this place and would gladly go back there next time.

Reviewed October 19, 2013

An amazing gem discovered by friends on a previous trip to Crete. We went once then had to go back again before we left to come back to the States. Papadakis and his staff were exceptionally great hosts and the food was excellent and abundant. I cannot say I can spell what I ate but I sure did enjoy it. If you are in Crete, especially on the eastern end, make a trip to Kolimbari and enjoy a meal at Palio Arhontiko.

Reviewed October 17, 2013

Evenly there were busy place, they serve us very quickly, we had nice starters for free. Enjoyed with my birthday celebrations there.