Chrispy World
Chryssana Beach Hotel(Kolymbari)(Great Value!)
$102
  • Pool
Palazzo Loupassi(Kolymbari)
$174
Orbitz.com
Karmi Studios & Apartments(Kolymbari)(Great Value!)
$30
$52
Lefka Hotel(Kolymbari)
TripAdvisor
  • Restaurant
All reviewsice creamthe bussoft drinksall inclusive drinksthe main roadlittle repetitivefrench guestsmeat dishesbasketball courtpebble beachhotel groundstable tennis tableexcept sundayfun trainhired a carcleaned every daylong hours
Reviewed May 11, 2010

We stayed on chrispy world for one week in May 2010, overall we were very disappointed.
First some positive experience. The rooms( suites) was big and nice, also the pool area was ok.
The hotel is placed in middle of no-where.the beach( 300 mtr away) was poor, food was terrible, all inclusive drinks tasted bad, non existing staff +++ we ended up eating dinner in Platanias 4 of 7 evenings...

• Stayed: May 2010, traveled with family
1  Thank henrics
Reviewed August 12, 2009

This is one of the biggest hotels in the area. The hotel offers rooms ranging from basic no nonsense rooms to suites with private swimming pool. The main pool though not very deep is always inviting and pleasant with a special kiddies side pool and there is also a second smaller pool in the complex. The nearby beach (3min walking) is clean and pebbly (not my choice of a place to swim). You need a car to get around as there is not much to do in the area, though there is a frequent bus service on the main road (5min walking from the complex) taking you to Chania (sightseeing and culture)/ Platania (nightlife) to the east or Kolimbari/ Kasteli to the west. It's an excellent location to explore western Crete like Elafonisos, Falasarna, Sougia and Paleochora (all outstanding beaches of natural beauty) The breakfast was ok though I must admit their coldmeat looked like mystery meat to me and suspicious. Dinner was quite good with 2 hot meat dishes, 1 hot fish dish, pasta and sause every night, endless salads and vegetables, icecream and sweets. The lady in charge of the breakfast and dinner (I think her name is Maria) is wonderful, always smiling, chatting to customers, always quick to help out. The rooms vary drastically depending on where you are staying. The rooms above the restaurant are elegant and really spacious with zazzy bathrooms. The ones around the swimming pool are the oldest of the complex and look it. I never went into the suites with the private swimming pools so I cant really say. Really enjoyed it, though I would agree it is not a 4* hotel but would not classify it as 3* either.

• Stayed: July 2009, traveled on business
1  Thank Ectoras_gr
Reviewed July 30, 2009

I think is one of the best hotel in Crete.Very good service and rooms,clean,

• Stayed: July 2009, traveled solo
1  Thank GEOGREEKKifisia
Reviewed June 3, 2009

Just come back after a week's stay with my Wife and 15 year old son and although there is no entertainment whatsoever this was a great holiday! If you're looking for a relaxing holiday then I can recommend Chrispy World.
Just chilling by the pool or beach (which is a 2 minute walk (bit pebbly and 3 Euros a day for a sunbed)) was great, No Hi-De-Hi entertainers bugging you to join in something every day and settling around the bar drinking your all inclusives an night was enjoyable.
For a change all the inclusive drinks are help yourself! No queing up! Fantastic!! There was Red or White wine, Beer, Ouzo, Brandy and soft drinks for the kids all day and night and 3 different cocktails at night - gin - vodka and bacardi based (my wife found the Gin ones most palatable) whilst I tried my hardest to consume the Brandy in copius amounts! The free bar closes at 11 pm and you have to pay for your own from then on and this is when the you realise how much the Euro has risen, it's roughly 1 Euro to £1 so a 5 star Metaxa Brandy will set you back Eu 3:50 (or £3:50) and a Baileys was Eu 5. The food is buffet style and there was enough of a variety to find something each day but as with every AIC I've been on it becomes same-O-same-O after a few days. Eating out for 3 adults with a drink and main meal only will cost you about £30 - £40.
Taxi from the airport is £50 so see if you can find someone to share with!
Rooms vary in standard but would average at a 3 *** as I found out after speaking to other Brits there but they were all cleaned daily (except Sundays) and although our's was smallish it was enough to sleep in and get dressed in (what else do you use it for)?
Not much around so Hire a Car if you want to get about and see the Island as there'e no English rep at the hotel and no trips out but all the staff spoke English and although they were usually busy they were always helpful and polite.
Overall I would say it was a great week away and we'd certainly consider going back again, maybe even later in the year.
Oh Yes, and the 2 pools were fantastic with plenty of sunbeds and no towels were ever put out before 7:30/8ish when the breakfast began and we still got beds at 9 and 10am! That's because there was no Germans there! Plenty of Dutch/VBenelux but they were all really friendly.
Oh and there was the odd mosquito too...

• Stayed: May 2009, traveled with family
Reviewed April 1, 2009

My boyfriend and I booked a last minute deal to stay HB at the 4* Chrispy Village Hotel last September. Having booked on a whim, we read the the reviews on this site and became rather worried about what the hotel would have in store for us - particularly as it was our first holiday together. The transfer from Heraklion airport took over two hours, and made for a treacherous journey at the hands of a speed loving Greek taxi driver. I have heard that it is now possible to fly into Chania airport which I would advise if travelling to Chrispy, it is certainly not worth the long trip from Heraklion!

On arrival the staff were friendly, with the room itself being adequate and clean. The buildings themselves have plently of potential to provide a good hotel, although the 3* Chrispy Riviera area leaves a lot to be desired. The rooms here appeared cramped, with a smell of sewage pervading this part of the resort.

The pool area is attractive, and as it was September we never had trouble finding sunloungers. The beach is close to the hotel and has a friendly beach bar for snacks at lunchtime - we ended up eating here most days. This was due to the appalling nature of the hotel food, which really is beyond awful. Even breakfast was pathetic, with few staff to organise meal times resulting in guests clearing their own tables. After several horrid experiences we tended to travel by bus to Platanias for meals, with the area immediately surrounding Chrispy having little to offer except a minimarket and a few small restaurants.

Overall we enjoyed our stay in Crete, but would certainly not return to Chrispy or even that area of the island. The Chrispy Village is certainly not a 4* hotel, and the Chrispy Palace even less a 5*. Chania has more to offer than this hotel, with my advice being to choose something closer to a town with a better quality of service.

• Stayed: September 2008, traveled as a couple