Chrispy World
  • Bar/Lounge
Hotel Arion(Chania Town)
Golden Rose(Kolymbari)
View Hotel
All reviewsice creamthe bussoft drinksall inclusive drinksthe main roadlittle repetitivefrench guestsmeat dishesbasketball courtpebble beachhotel groundstable tennis tableexcept sundayfun trainhired a carcleaned every daylong hours
FilterAll languages
Reviewed June 26, 2013

We enjoyed our stay in Chrispy World hotel. The food was great, the swimming pool was clean and the staff was really helpful. We rented a car for the whole week, so the location of the hotel was not a problem for us.

The only disadvantage is that this hotel does not have any beach chairs near the sea (there is a pebble beach). We had to bye something to drink from a nearby cafeteria and use their beach chairs if we wanted to stay near the sea.

Thank you for a great holliday!

• Stayed: May 2013, traveled with family
Reviewed June 24, 2013

Fantastic holiday at a really nice resort. The pools were beautiful and the outside area really well looked after. We had a really nice room overlooking the swimming pool. The staff at reception were very friendly and helpful. We had a fully inclusive holiday and I was very pleased with the quality and variety of food on offer every day. Would certainly come back to this hotel again.

• Stayed: June 2013, traveled with friends
1  Thank AngieandGeorgia
Reviewed June 16, 2013

Like most I was somewhat apprehensive after reading the mixed reviews however I need not of worried. Other than the dreadful name! Our 7 night holiday at Chrispy World exceeded our expectations and we would definitely return. If you are looking for a quiet and relaxing holiday this is the place, it is spotlessly clean and the pools are fantastic. We were pleasantly surprised by the food which was of a good standard and plentiful, the menu during the week was varied ( not sure whether they rotate on a weekly basis) and consisted of a pasta, vegetarian, fish, chicken, pork, lamb/beef, veg, rice dishes in addition to potatoes and of course the obligatory chips, the salad bar was excellent with a dozen different dishes, the puds were a bit hit and miss but there was always fruit, yogurt and ice cream if you could fit it in. As others have stated the drinks included in the all inclusive were limited to wine, beer, ouzo, brandy and 3 different cocktails everyday all were drinkable other drinks are available to purchase but are not part of the all inclusive deal.

Top tips, upgrade to a delux room not that much more and definitively worth it our balcony was huge and overlooked the sea, go all inclusive if you fancy a change one night you can always hop on the bus outside the hotel. If you want noise, entertainment every night and a full English breakfast would suggest you go elsewhere, if however you want peace and quiet and are happy to make your own entertainment at night or sit and watch the sunset with cocktail in hand then give this hotel a go, we will certainly return.

• Stayed: June 2013
11  Thank UKTrip123
CHRISPY_WORLD, Manager at Chrispy World, responded to this reviewResponded June 21, 2013

Dear guest , we are glad that you enjoyed your holiday with us. We are doing our best to upgrade our facilities and choices concerning all inclusive facilities and aim to an excellent value for money stay in the future. We will be happy to welcome you again here.

Reviewed June 16, 2013

I stayed at Chrispy with my Parter the first week of June 2013.
Arrived late a night (after midnight), we were put in the wrong room as we booked for a sea view, however they had left two plates of food for us in the fridge along with bottled water which was a nice touch.
The hotel itself is stunning and was always very clean with cleaners working around the clock.
If you are looking for a pool holiday in the sun 99% of the time then this is perfect.
The food wasnt the greatest to be honest, very samey samey but you wouldnt go hungry (there was always chips)
There was 0 entertainment in the evening which i found the worst part as you couldnt walk anywhere either. All you have is the bar and your own company!

Overall i personally wouldnt go back to Chrispy World as it simply wasnt my kind of holiday destination. However i cant complain about the room or cleanliness of the hotel itself (deluxe room).

• Stayed: June 2013, traveled as a couple
6  Thank gemma a
Reviewed June 13, 2013

I was a bit worried about this booking due to the very mixed reviews but I neednt have worried as its a good place to stay Yes it is quite remote but if you want to chill out and read your books then its fine As has been said many times on trip advisor the bus stop is just outside the hotel and you can always hire a car as many do. The hotel is very well laid out on pretty much on the flat. The bungalows are across a wee lane but still only 2 mins from the bars an dining room.
I came back on Tuesday after having spent 2 weeks at the hotel in room 717 Its a great room very private huge garden and our own pool with the sun all day and views of the sea. The rooms and all of the public areas are very clean and the couple of problems that we had were dealt with promptly by the maintenance staff when I reported them to the reception. I didn't need to use them but there were always sun loungers available around the 3 pools so it is not necessary to get up at a stupid time to put your towels down. The food is fine the salad bar has loads to choose from although some of the meat dishes were a bit odd with strange gravy but you wont go hungry There is always fresh bread and fresh fruit with a couple of cakes and icecream for pudding if you want it I do feel in any all inclusive you get a bit fed up with the food and this place is no exception I didnt see too much waste so people were eating all that was laid out. I do think however that the snack area could have a bit more of a choice. You help yourself to tea,coffee, beer wine and soft drinks which are fine but I missed having diet juice as im diabetic but I just had the soda water so it was fine. There are cocktails at night and ouzo and brandy but Im not a big alcohol drinker so that didnt bother me. All of the staff work hard with long hours the cleaners start at 7.30 and finish at 6pm so its a long day for them to keep the place spotless Would I go back ? Yes I would but only to the deluxe rooms. If your looking for a lively holiday with loads of entertainment then this is not the place for you its quiet with little or no entertainment unless you make it yourself.

Room Tip: room 717 is perfect
  • Stayed: June 2013, traveled with family