Having been originally booked in at the Santa Marina Plaza situated in Aghia Marina, we were disappointed to hear that the room with a sea view we had booked was not available therefore the reception staff said they would place us in their luxury sister hotel a few kilometres away.
Upon arrival, we were initially concerned as the hotel appeared to be in the middle of nowhere however our disappointment soon dissipated as the hotel appeared to be luxurious and decadent and we were informed we were on an all-inclusive by way of apology. Not one for being all-inclusive we were sceptical but the drinks and decent food soon seemed to make sense as we alternated nights out which we had to take a taxi to (€17 to Platanias - neared town with some life) with nights in sipping lovely local wine in a great hotel with friendly and helpful staff. Our room was perfect, very spacious and modern with a great view of the sea. What we lacked of location with some nightlife we made up with a great room, hotel and free food and drinks.
The pool area was lovely, plenty of sun beds and a pool which was perfect plus a great pool bar. Plenty of time to read some books and sip drinks - some cocktails were also included on the all-inclusive plus staff would approach asking if we wanted anything at regular intervals. Again, the hotel was stylishly designed and provided a perfect backdrop to the mountains and sea.
It was a very quiet hotel, not too many children and appeared to be geared towards the Scandinavian market but we quite liked this, very peaceful and serene plus the staff could not do enough to accommodate us. The rooms were regularly checked and fresh towels seemed to appear throughout the various times of the day without any interruption to us whatsoever.
All in all, we decided that the location was made up by the quality and serenity of this fabulous hotel, smart and quietly grand without losing customer focus with brilliantly attentive staff. We will probably return if we visit West Crete again.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Cavo Spada Luxury Resort & Spa is located 18kms west of the picturesque city of Chania. Its location combines in a unique way the beauty and tranquility of the Cretan Archipelagos with the unsurpassed charm of the famous Old Venetian town which is only a short drive away. Positioned on the west side of the Gulf of Chania, the hotel is built on a long stretch of beach, offering magnificent view of the Gulf of Chania and of Cape Spada. The latter is a spectacular rocky cape after which our hotel was named. The hotel is spread over a 65,000 m2 private property, hence offering ample space for all the guests to enjoy their holidays in one of the 150 rooms that the hotel has to offer. Being part of one of the oldest and most respected hotel companies of Chania, the Giannoulis Hotels & Resorts, Cavo Spada Luxury Resort & Spa is the epitome of our experience in providing holidays of unprecedented quality and comfort. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Bookgreece.com, Orbitz, Travelocity, Priceline, Hotels.com, TripOnline SA, Hotwire, Cheap Tickets, Cancelon and HotelQuickly so you can book your Cavo Spada Luxury Resort & Spa reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Cavo Spada Luxury Hotel Chania Town
- Cavo Spada Luxury Resort And Spa
- Cavo Spada Luxury Resort & Spa Crete/Kolymbari