Villa Soligo Hotel
Hotel Conta(Pieve di Soligo)
$122
CastelBrando(Cison Di Valmarino)
$154
  • Breakfast included
$103
Hotel Vecchio Municipio(San Pietro di Barbozza)
$116
$89
Hotel Astoria(Susegana)(Great Value!)
$131
$122
Agoda.com
TripAdvisor
Hotel Villa Marcello Marinelli(Cison Di Valmarino)
Travelocity
All reviewsvilla soligoroom was largepleasure of stayinglocal fareon arrivalhigh ceilingspool area islarge grouprestaurant serveslovely locationthe ownerproseccovineyardsgroundsnellosightsselection
FilterAll languages
Reviewed August 5, 2013

What an entrance! The opulent reception area with its antique Murano glass chandeliers very near took our breath away, after a terrible journey we were made to feel welcome and at home even though it was midnight, we were still able to purchase a bottle of Prosecco, (10 Euros) and relax on the comfy sofas in the foyer.

The bed was the most comfortable we have had in Italy as we find they are normally rather hard. We had a delightful high ceiling and tall windows in our room which opened onto views of the local vine yards and hills. The décor was ever so slightly tired in our room, but still nice and in keeping with the age of villa and there was a fridge and safe in the room. The bathroom was modern, nicely decorated, clean and the water pressure was good.

The décor in the hotel over all was lovely (only slightly let down by the lift and the ceiling in the breakfast room which could do with a bit of TLC). Cleaning was to a good standard and you would not know that they allowed pets as there was no sign of hair or smell anywhere.

The pool and grounds are lovely to relax in.

The hotel staff are an asset to this hotel, they are polite, friendly and were very accommodating to our many queries and considerably more knowledgeable about the surrounding area than the tourist information office, but the information is not on display (lack of literature from the tourist office again) so if you have a specific interest let them know. Our advice is if you are not sure, ask!

For breakfast there was a good selection of food, the cherry tart was very nice and you were not limited to the amount. The evening restaurant service was in the side room which we were a little disappointed at, as we had seen the large grand room open for a bus trip, i guess it depends how many are being served though.

We would recommend having a car if you want to go site seeing, although we did manage without one. The buses were few and far between and we never did manage to catch one, but a taxi to Conegliano railway station will set you back between 28-30 Euros. This was thankfully offset by the very reasonable train fares.

We had a nice (but steep) walk up the neighbouring hill using the "Via San Gallo" road to see the view from the top. For some smashing local food check out Restaurant "Antica Osteria Di Via Brandolini" which is a 20min walk away in Solighetto.

We would recommend a stay in this beautiful villa.

• Stayed: June 2013, traveled as a couple
2  Thank LHallam
VILLASOLIGO, Direttore generale at Villa Soligo Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded August 19, 2013

Dear friend thank you for your detailed and wonderful review. For us it is very important to know the true impression of our Guests. Only in this way we can improve our services day by day. You're right when you say that despite the beauty of the place, there is no real tourist information center in the Twons. Unfortunately, the repeated requests by tour operators are not considered by local authorities. We hoteliers have to do office informations!!! We do however everything with a great enthusiasm. The land of the Veneto region offers something truly unique: Art, Folklore, Food and Wine, History and a landscape to discover day after day. Every day an adventure, every day an emotion with the promise of living an unforgettable trip. Waiting to meet you again in Villa Soligo.

Reviewed July 14, 2013

We did enjoy our stay in this phantastic location in July 2013. Perfect service, friendly people, everything clean, wonderful region. We will certainly come back when we plan the next trip to
Prosecco country and Venezia.

Room Tip: We liked our suite underneath the roof. Thanks to the air condition - it was not to hot.
  • Stayed: July 2013, traveled as a couple

Dear Gisela & Detlef, what can I say? Your complete satisfaction is for me and all the staff a big proud. We always work with great enthusiasm, passion and friendliness. When we succeed in the mission to meet the complete expectations of our guests is a great success for us. We look forward to meet you again in the wonderful Veneto and in your Villa Soligo.

Reviewed May 15, 2013

This property was originally an old hunting lodge. We chose it for the location near the entrance to the prosecco wine region. An older family (as in; many of the family members working there are quite senior) operates this property, likely as they have done for decades. It was meant to be a quiet oasis with class for those wanting a weekend break, but the guests likely vary a great deal. There was a high end bicycle tour based there during our stay, and this place is very well suited to either wine or bicycle tourism. There was also a very tacky Italian wedding on one evening, where the men in the wedding party stripped to their undershorts for the bride, to the blast of terrible disco crap music. The hotel owners just shook their heads in disbelief, and carried on about their work, probably content with the large facility and catering fee. The chances of you encountering anything BUT a fine old gem of a place is unlikely, so go ahead and book this hotel with confidence. We paid only 95 Euro, including breakfast, with plenty of free parking, and the pool is wonderful in summer. Free internet also works well enough.

Room Tip: Include side trips to Asolo, and Bassano Del Grappa if you have time, but avoid Bassano on a weekend evening, as thousands of young people just pack the old downtown to see and be seen.
  • Stayed: June 2012, traveled as a couple
2  Thank JohnInItaly
VILLASOLIGO, Direttore generale at Villa Soligo Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded May 16, 2013

Dear Johnny,
I am really very happy of your detailed review. As you have written our house is the perfect start point for tours by bicycle.There are various trails and roads for any distance and any difficulties, to meet every request and desire. At the end of each day you return immersed in quite and relaxation. I'm sorry you're occurred during one of the few noisy weddings we host, there is usually a lot of respect for our guests in holiday. if we missed something I'm really sorry! We put special care and great respect in our work and we offer service to our guests full of enthusiasm.
Thank you for your recommendation to all readers of Tripadvisor and I hope to welcome you again in your fine old gem and unique place....!!!!

Reviewed May 4, 2013

I have been the guest of this small hotel many many times and often on all kind of occassions : business, pleasure...In winter, spring, autumn and summer. Each season offers you a new panorama, another adventure, but always in a stunning setting.
Many times I've been here alone during a business trip but the staff made me never feel alone... Nice ! On several occassions I had the company of my wife and strangely, each time I arrived at the hotel business became holiday.... I am so fond of this hotel that I went for 10 days with my family, 3 years ago, a 10 days stay which still felt as too short. All of us were very fond of the authentic atmosphere of the hotel, the overfriendly staff and the nice setting. At a certain point I regarded them as my "home in italy", a place where you can always crash between business trips.
A welcome hideaway, an oasis of peace, away from the overcrowded Tuscan hills and frenetic cities such as Firenze, Bologna etc... Go have a latte in the old center of Valdobiadene where life goes on in a much more relax and easygoing fashion... Right, back to the hotel now...
The "ristorantino" of signor Nello is very cosy with regional and honest dishes, everything made very fresh and always to your likings.
The rooms I have seen are spacious with authentic italian wood panels and wooden floors. Everything neat and clean. The Bathrooms are very modern with every imaginable accessory.
The breakfast is to Italian standards very exhaustive with different kind of meats, eggs, jams, rolls, bread...and cake of course. The thing is, and what you need to keep in mind : if you don't find it, ask for it. The staff will do almost anything to make you feel at home and to cater for all your needs.
If its too cold to plunge into the swimming pool, don't bother, since last year they have a state of the art new spa where you can indulge yourself, summer and winter.
I can only confirm what many reviewers have written, not less, not more...every time I'm heading back home I feel a bit sad because I have to leave this wonderful region with all those friendly people...only to be back asap !

• Stayed: October 2012, traveled on business
4  Thank bartmx2
VILLASOLIGO, Direttore generale at Villa Soligo Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded May 6, 2013

Dear Bart, what can I say ...! Thank you for the nice words and your review so rich of details.
I'm really proud you've been able to live the warm atmosphere we offer to our Guest.
I sincerely hope your description of Villa Soligo aid some firends of TripAdvisor visit us to live in a unique environment to research sensations and traditions that only our home can share with you!
I'm waiting to meet you soon again in Our House....

Reviewed January 17, 2013

This is a hotel that makes you feel at home - the staff are very friendly and helpful - the restaurant serves local fare with gusto and style. I am very well travelled and recognise this as a real gem. I am returning with my wife next time. Excellent value, service and so memorable .....

Room Tip: The sleep quality is good but the two local churches in the valley have chiming bells
  • Stayed: January 2013, traveled on business
VILLASOLIGO, Direttore generale at Villa Soligo Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded January 22, 2013

Hi Steve....
I remember your departure:- ...Not far from splendid!!
Itis a great proud for me your full satisfation! The details you have been able to live together with all the staff help us understand to be on the right way....
We seek confirmation from day to day, and it is not easy, but with great enthusiasm we try!
We are waiting you again in hotel, maybe with your wife!