“Trip with Uncle, Aunt,Sister and Cousins.”
4 of 5 bubbles Review of Viola Palace Hotel

Viola Palace Hotel
Fullerton, California
“Trip with Uncle, Aunt,Sister and Cousins.”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 7, 2012

The whole group had a pleaseant stay. Wish there was a pool. Did not know we could have breakfast at the hotel until the last day.

Room Tip: Some rooms have windows, others have slding doors. Side rooms face parking lot.
  • Stayed June 2012, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (6)
Wassenaar
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 16, 2012

We stayed one night at this hotel because our ferry out to the Aeolian Islands had been cancelled due to stormy weather. We needed a hotel at the end of a long day, not too far from Milazzo. What a nice surprise to land here! The staff are very friendly and the desk manager speaks very good English. Since we arrived late, we ate dinner at the hotel -- it was quite good and, again, the service excellent. Our room was clean, up-to-date, and quiet. The only (very small) drawback for us was no wi-fi in our 2nd floor room.

• Stayed April 2012, traveled with family
Italy
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 19, 2011

The location is a fair way from Messina, but easy to get to as it is very close to the motorway exit. The hotel has its own parking and is easily accessed.

Check-in was fast and painless and I was given the room key (card) and a free account to access the hotel internet connection. It is worth noting that the wifi is available in the foyer only and not in the hotel rooms, where you can connect via Lan(RJ45) cable (the reception can provide you with one if you did not bring your own) so if you want to connect with a tablet or smartphone, it may be worth your while requesting a room on the first floor where the signal can be picked up. The Internet connection during my whole stay was fast and gave me no problems whatsoever.

The room was very clean and the bathroom was of a good standard, the bed was OK but not the best that I have slept in, but it was clean. The room had plenty of storage space and would quite easily accommodate the luggage and effects of two people on an extended stay. A safe-box is also installed which is a plus. Sky TV is available and many of the channels are also available in English.

As the area is a bit remote, I dined in the restaurant on both the nights I was a guest, and the fare in the restaurant was very good.. tasty and with reasonable portions that left me content and full. The Breakfast on the other hand was hit and miss.. on the first day, breakfast was good (but not great, as no cooked option was available) but the fruit, pastries and cereals were tasty and fresh, the second day however was a total miss... it seemed that the exact same food was presented again.. the bread was solid and quite stale as were some of the pastries, I did find an edible one after a few attempts but this is not acceptable.

No tea or coffee available in the rooms... this for me is a must for a hotel to considered a **** but in Italy in particular, it is rare.. For business travelers like myself who also do some work while in the room, a hot drink is always appreciated and would cost the hotel very little to offer the guests.. I have yet to judge a hotel without these as excellent, I am totally in agreement with many international and habitual travelers on this issue..

The hotel has rooms for smokers and non smokers, which is good, and some rooms have a nice balcony.

The room was very quiet, which was surprising due the proximity to the motorway, but the good quality of the windows and doors kept the quite high ambient noise firmly on the outside.

Staff were very good, although they did forget to give me my ID Card back after using it for check in and I had to return shortly after checkout to ask for it, thankfully I had only driven a few km's.. If I had got to the airport and then noticed it had not been returned I would of missed my flight.. this has in no way affected my grading of the hotel, as I was half to blame for not making sure that they returned it.

• Stayed November 2011, traveled on business
4 Thank Charlie3Zero
Istanbul, Turkey
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 10, 2011

I came last week for my photo exhibition in Castello Bauso,2° Rassegna Internazionale di Fotografia.

hotel viola palast was suggested by festival organiser,and I thank them for doing so.
The hotel is very easy accesible,bus stops in front,sea view,very very lovely owners and workers.Very clean,I felt home.

• Stayed September 2011, traveled on business
#16 of 38 in Ragusa
Hotel Montreal
Hotel Montreal
#19 of 38 in Ragusa

Been to Viola Palace Hotel? Share your experiences!