“A fine restaurant”
Review of Da Massimo

Da Massimo
Cuisines: Seafood
Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Description: Just outside of Magione, along the lakeshore between San Savino and San Feliciano.....A nice drive from Perugia.
Reviewed January 2, 2014

Grerat location with beautiful views of the lake. This large well furnished busy restaurant has been a local favourite for years. It particulary specializes in fish and has a very good wine list to match. With good service and a buzzy feel i recommend that you always book particularly at weekends when it can be very busy. Certainly if you are in the area you should make sure that you visit this restaurant at least once. Hifghly recommend.

Reviewed August 31, 2013

We have eaten at this restaurant on a number of occasions over the years. The restaurant has a good location with some tables having a view of Lake Trasimeno. Fish dishes are the speciality, both sea and lake fish feature on the menu which is quite comprehensive. The pasta dishes are excellent but be warned the portions are very generous. There is quite a simple wine list but the prices are very reasonable. Service is good with predominantly Italian clientele; overall the restaurant offers very good value for the prices charged.

Reviewed August 1, 2013

As we ventured out one night, I convinced my husband to try the resturant with the imaginative fish sign! We did not have reservations, but we were early (7:30) so they sat us. When ever I go to a fish place the try the linguini and clam sauce - it was perfect! But large enough for 2! This is a geat place for familly style dinning - choose a few starters and pass them around. Do the same with all your coursed! Keep it simple and stay with the fish - you will not be disappointed!

Reviewed July 31, 2013

I joined some friends at Da Massimo on a Sunday evening, Luckily, they had made reservations as this large restaurant was almost full both inside and outside. It being a lovely bright evening we chose to sit outside. From other tripadvisor reviews I had low expectations of the service, but I'm pleased to report that although quite brusque the waiters were very efficient and helpful and just a few staff dealt with a very large clientele. My friend chose a very nice bottle of Montefalco Bianco and we sipped and watched the sun-set in expection of some fine fish. The first problem for me arose with the starter, My two fellow-diners both chose to share a sea-food salad, while I had a lake-fish risotto. My risotto was enormous and would have fed a family of six! It had a nice flavour, unfortunately the rice was far too al dente for my taste and quite unlike risotto consistency. Meanwhile my colleagues sea-food salad arrived in "waves", dish after dish of different shell fish. This went on very long after I had finished and the imbalance in timing between the dishes became an irritation for all. Then our secondi arrived and this was by far my greatest disappointment, my lake-fish dish consisted of a few small pieces of very bony fish floating in a large bowl of some unpleasant, thin, tomato-based sauce. We were now eating in almost total darkness and any light at the table would have been fatal, attracting the millions of flying (and biting) insects swirling around each of the outside lights. We asked to move inside for coffee and were politely ushered inside and a table found for us.

2  Thank AndrewJonesFoto
Reviewed June 16, 2013

The home made pasta with tartuffe was excellent! The dinner is made with 4 dishes, every was tasteful.