“Fresh fish, hurried waiters, great food!”
Review of Da Massimo

Da Massimo
Cuisines: Seafood
Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Description: Just outside of Magione, along the lakeshore between San Savino and San Feliciano.....A nice drive from Perugia.
NY/NJ
“Fresh fish, hurried waiters, great food!”
Reviewed August 1, 2013

As we ventured out one night, I convinced my husband to try the resturant with the imaginative fish sign! We did not have reservations, but we were early (7:30) so they sat us. When ever I go to a fish place the try the linguini and clam sauce - it was perfect! But large enough for 2! This is a geat place for familly style dinning - choose a few starters and pass them around. Do the same with all your coursed! Keep it simple and stay with the fish - you will not be disappointed!

Visited July 2013

County Kilkenny, Ireland
“an unhappy dining experience”
Reviewed July 31, 2013

I joined some friends at Da Massimo on a Sunday evening, Luckily, they had made reservations as this large restaurant was almost full both inside and outside. It being a lovely bright evening we chose to sit outside. From other tripadvisor reviews I had low expectations of the service, but I'm pleased to report that although quite brusque the waiters were very efficient and helpful and just a few staff dealt with a very large clientele. My friend chose a very nice bottle of Montefalco Bianco and we sipped and watched the sun-set in expection of some fine fish. The first problem for me arose with the starter, My two fellow-diners both chose to share a sea-food salad, while I had a lake-fish risotto. My risotto was enormous and would have fed a family of six! It had a nice flavour, unfortunately the rice was far too al dente for my taste and quite unlike risotto consistency. Meanwhile my colleagues sea-food salad arrived in "waves", dish after dish of different shell fish. This went on very long after I had finished and the imbalance in timing between the dishes became an irritation for all. Then our secondi arrived and this was by far my greatest disappointment, my lake-fish dish consisted of a few small pieces of very bony fish floating in a large bowl of some unpleasant, thin, tomato-based sauce. We were now eating in almost total darkness and any light at the table would have been fatal, attracting the millions of flying (and biting) insects swirling around each of the outside lights. We asked to move inside for coffee and were politely ushered inside and a table found for us.

• Visited July 2013
2 Thank AndrewJonesFoto
Budaörs, Pest, Hungary
“Massimo's dinner”
Reviewed June 16, 2013

The home made pasta with tartuffe was excellent! The dinner is made with 4 dishes, every was tasteful.

Visited April 2013
Petersfield, United Kingdom
“Will return and have the lobster!”
Reviewed May 2, 2013

This place was a joy to find. We had not booked and just followed the sign from the main road into a residential area and assumed we'd found the right place as there was no sign on the gate! The place soon filled up and I wish I'd had some of the other dishes that passed by our table. The spaghetti with mussels looked great as did much of the other seafood. I'm not a fan of the lake fish but my partner had some lovely fish kebabs (spiedini) and noticed the fresh lobsters on our departure. It was friendly and efficiently run and the portions were huge and the whole meal was excellent value.

• Visited May 2013
1 Thank Ann B
New York City, New York
“Very Good”
Reviewed November 12, 2012

Best Linguini Vongole that I had while I was in Italy. You must start with the grilled Eel. Very reasonable and the service was great.

• Visited October 2012