All reviews gardone riviera lake garda lovely hotel lovely pool location is beautiful good size relaxing break plenty of loungers rooms are lovely hotel is situated hotel room small hotel min drive our honeymoon small port will return soon room overlooked the pool
Selected filters
Reviewed October 27, 2015

A beautiful hotel in a beautiful location. From our balcony we could look across the pool to the lake. The staff were friendly and the food was very good. It was easy access to where the boats pull in for trips around the lake. We had a really lovely time there and would highly recommend it.

Room tip: Side lake view balcony
1  Thank Lyn O
Reviewed September 18, 2015

Spiaggio d"Oro has an ideal situation on the shore of Lake Garda - the hotel frontage offers fantastic views across the lake and down towards Salo; where better to sit in the evening enjoying a pre-dinner drink. There is a very good pool, using lake water, and a safe lake area for swimming. Within 10 minutes walk is a small resort town (Gardone) which has a few shops, cafes and other hotels. Salo is a short drive (or 30 minutes walk) and is a slightly more sophisticated classic Italian lake resort.

This is a family run, boutique hotel - and benefits from this. The staff were universally helpful - and clearly knew many of the guests from repeat business, which is always a good sign. The decor and furnishing is modern, but not to the detriment of the hotel. Our only complaint might be that the beds, and also the pillows were unnecessarily firm!

We ate in the hotel for the two evening s we were there; on both occasions sitting on the terrace with a lakeside view. The food was excellent; there was no sense of rush, with the times to suit our own needs. Some of the food comes from the hotel's own farm in the country, which is a nice touch. Breakfast was similarly a leisurely affair.

We would certainly return here again.

Reviewed September 16, 2015

I did not stay in this hotel but visited their restaurant for a meal.

To be fair I have to say that this restaurant has excellent lake views and looks very modern though possibly a bit stark.

The staff in general were pleasant though I felt very patronised by an older waiter.

I have no complaints about the actual meal but we chose the restaurant as it was a close drive from where we were staying and it had agreeable choices on the menu.

I was looking to only have one course and leave fairly quickly because my daughter had been feeing unwell with faint and dizzy spells during the day but was now hungry.

At the end of the meal the staff had time to offer us dessert twice but after 4 requests and at least a half hour wait we still had no bill! I feel this is a ridiculously long time to wait and it shows extreme inefficiency and seriously lacking customer service.

• Trip type: Traveled with family
Reviewed September 15, 2015

My wife and I booked in for a four night stay in September and very much enjoyed our stay. This is very much a tourist hotel and is geared up for the visitor seeking a quiet and relaxing break.
The hotel is set on the lake front at Barbarano di Salo, Salo. One of the attractions for us is that the area is not over commercialised and this hotel fits the profile of a visitor seeking a restful break. Gardone Riviera is around a ten minute walk and going in the southerly direction, Salo is around a thirty minute walk. Both of these resorts are well worth a visit and are also served by bus, taxi and lake ferries.
The quality of the hotel is excellent. The staff are friendly and incredibly helpful. The gardens and public areas are well maintained and the restaurant is first class. We had intended to eat in Gardone Riviera but having tried the restaurant on the first night we thought it well worth eating there every night, and we did! I can only describe the evening meals and breakfast as excellent.
We had a lake view from our room and the amenities were first rate. Sun loungers are available and there is no need to reserve one. There are no tea/coffee making facilities in the room but there was a mini bar. A small but well stocked Spar supermarket is to be found nearby on the main road and there is also a baker and tobacconist/newsagent in close proximity.
We felt the hotel was ideal for the more mature couple. Street Car Parking is available but if you are travelling from Verona or Milan Airports the hotel will arrange a taxi. From experience I would suggest it is easier than airport bus, train and bus 202 from Brescia, which is the alternative.
We hope to return at a future time.

9  Thank sharkadvisor
Reviewed September 14, 2015

My husband and I stayed at the hotel for five nights in August and I can honestly say that we couldn't fault it.

The hotel is in a lovely position right on the edge of the lake in a quiet area that is tranquil and relaxing.

The staff were friendly, polite and helpful at all times. Nothing was too much trouble and the service was efficient but unobtrusive.

Everywhere in the hotel was very clean and well presented and there was a real sense of pride in everything. Our room was lovely with a view over the lake.

We had a fantastic holiday in this lovely hotel and would definitely recommend it to people looking for a relaxing, peaceful break in a truly immaculate hotel.

Date of stay: August 2015