“Local food in a local place”

Ristorante da Ferro
Ranked #10 of 53 Restaurants in Massarosa
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Reservations
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Reservations
VillaCenami
“Local food in a local place”
Reviewed February 9, 2011

This restaurant is just down the hill from us and we visit there fairly often, always when we have guests. Everyone loves it. It is truly a local spot, not touristy at all. The atmosphere inside is nothing special, I describe it as school cafeteria like, but during the summer they have the most amazing outdoor area that you would never know is there. It is such a great spot in the summer and they wage an all out war with the mosquitoes and WIN, not a single one have I ever seen! The food though is what makes it worth it, and it is worth it even in the winter with the not so special interior seating. The tortelli are the very best in the area. My husband and I have tired and tried and tried to get the recipe but they just will not give it away. I even volunteered to work in the kitchen for free just to see if I could sneak a peak but they would have none of it!! In the end, the prices are so reasonable there is no need to go through all the work of making them yourself.
We always order 3 portions of tortelli (and the portions are already big!) for the two of us for first course, then for second course we order from the changing menu of what they have available- mixed grill, wild boar, rabbit, steak. It is all delicious. We just order house wine, which is nothing special, but not bad at all. One of our favorite spots.

• Visited December 2010