Sailor's Beach Club
  • Beachfront
  • Beachfront
TripAdvisor
  • Breakfast included
All reviewsturkeyair conditionedshorekemersaunaseatuesdayholidaytreespersonneltasty
FilterAll languages
Reviewed October 12, 2012

Just spent a week at sailors beach hotel with my daughter . We appeared to be the only English staying there . Hotel was clean . Beds very hard and to our taste very uncomfortable . Some of the staff unfriendly , not sure if that's because we were British it did seem on occasions that the Germans got better service in the Resturant . However I am aware that could have been due to language barrier . Quite a few staff don't speak English , that having been said I don't speak Turkish either ! ! ! bar staff friendly , reception helpful . Food , there was plenty of choice so we didn't go hungry but having stayed in Turkey last year and experiencing very good food we was disappointed . The pool area seemed ok ( not one for sitting by the pool ) . The beach was very packed on our part of private beach lots of sun beds crammed in . Not our style so we walked along the beach to an other hotels beach which was a lot quieter . Obviously that meant we couldn't use the sun beds , but for us that was better than being crammed in . Location ok plenty of shops to brouse around . Lots of cats beware anyone who isn't keen . We wouldn't return as for us the hotel just didn't fit what we enjoy about a holiday .I have selected poor sleep quality due to hard bed . The room was quiet and away from any entertainment !

• Stayed: October 2012, traveled with family
7  Thank Terri F
Reviewed October 5, 2012

Have just returned from this hotel and i'm afraid to say I would not even recommend this hotel to my worst enemy. The only good remarks I can make is that it was spotlessly clean and you got a good sleep at night as it was quiet. Oh dear me where do I start? It mainly caters for Germans then the Russians and that's where it ends. We were the only British at the hotel a disadvantage straight away. The food was disgusting, my son ate rice for dinner every night as there was nothing for kids. If you like meatballs every night your ok. The service was terrible you would have to wait anywhere between 10 to 15 minutes to get served at the bar as there was only ever one serving. We were all inclusive (what a joke) and as they did not have rum I had to buy it at a cost of 12 lira a drink I had no problem with this, but the barman did after waiting 10 minutes to get served he then told me with a wave of his hand to come back later as he was busy. I could go on and on and on some more, but I'd rather keep my energy for something better. The last thing I will say is that the hotel is certainly not a 4 star at the most it would just be scraping towards a 3 star

Room Tip: go to another hotel!!!!
  • Stayed: September 2012, traveled with family
10  Thank J0anne88
Reviewed September 25, 2012

A very nice hotel in a quiet village Kiris. You can easily get to Kemer by either taking a taxi which could cost you $10 for 3 people or by taking a bus which run every 15 minutes and cost $2 per single ticket. Buses can be rather slow though as they try to get as many passengers on board as possible. It is a preferred location if you want to enjoy a little bit of serenity during the night as Kemer is always alive at night and it might be difficult to fall asleep if your neighbours have parties at that time of the day. Kiris is quiet after 11pm.

Sailor's Beach is not the most modern hotel and some appliances like a hair dryer took time to use but everything generally worked fine. Beds were comfortable, a room was air-conditioned with a balcony and a telly with channels in various languages. The beach is lovely and the sea is extremely warm and clean!

What I found the most impressive is the food. I think many hotels struggle to offer their guests a wide range of food choices, particularly when people have been staying in a hotel for over 10 days on an 'all inclusive' basis. In this hotel, you will not get bored with the food they serve: the buffet had a great amount of various dishes from different cuisines which never repeated themselves, apart from some garnish and side dishes. Do try a variety of Turkish breads they bake outside as it is a real yumm! Canteen and bar staff are also very polite and ready to assist.

We also enjoyed the work of the hotel's animation team - they have a range of activities for you, starting from darts, water gym, club dance, beach volleyball to various evening entertainments, so you don't feel bored at all. We also went to clubs twice with them. We didn't like Kristal very much but Inferno was great plus the way back with our animators, Serhat and Ibo, was a show on its own! We couldn't stop laughing and it was a night to remember.

We had a great time at Sailor's Beach Club and I could not thank enough all the people who work their for making our trip to Turkey so special!

Room Tip: We had a room overlooking the outside of the hotel and not the central path which I think made it much quieter during the night.
  • Stayed: September 2012, traveled with friends
1  Thank umniaka
Reviewed August 12, 2012

It's the perfect place for the dream travel!
Everything, from the services to the entertainment shows are well-organised.
The staff is always ready to help you with anything you need.
The rooms are clean and well-equipped. You have there anything you need, so you don't have to bring with you stuff like shampoo, hair dryer or a sew set.
The food is very good, you can choose either occidental or turkish cuisine.
If you bring your children with you, you won't have to worry about them, because they have authorized staff to take care of them, s well as shows and game for the little ones.
If you want to go out so see the city, you can ask a guard to help you and stay around if you need something. I have to say that asa woman it would be appropiate to cover your body and don't let too much skin to the shown, as the townpeople are conservative to tourits [as they are Muslim people].
Inside the reception you have a mini-market for souvenirs, sweets, etc. , a beauty salon, tatoo salon and other clothing store.
You get beach towels from the hotel, and you can change them every Friday.
When you walk toward the restaturant, the bar, the pool/beach you can admire the wonderful garden with Mediterranean trees and flowers.
The beach is very clean. There are showers to clean up the salt from your body. The beach has gurds that don't alow strange people [ that aren't accomodated at the Hotel] to enter on it. so, the beach is private.
I travelled there with my mother, as two single women and we had a special attention from the guards around.
I loved my staying at Sailor's Beach Club, it was the perfect holyday for me. I hope other people will stay there and enjoy all the beautifulness of it.

• Stayed: September 2011, traveled with family
8  Thank AnaCatalina26
Reviewed February 18, 2012

We visited hotel in September 2009.
Hotel is in great location, good for hiking around on your own. Cheap car rental and nice places to see in reasonable driving distance. TIP: when renting a car do not trust fuel gauge as it always on low.

Room was average and clean.

Nice heated swimming pool.

Nice but rocky sea shore with beach volleyball.

Now the worst part... We've been robbed! Staff was very smart taking only 50$ out of 300$ total we had, hopeing that we will not take note of it. We always know exactly how much money we have and that was our second day when we discovered missing money just after our room was cleand by houskeeping.
We were offered to use safe box upon check-in but the reason we didn't use this opportunity was that it was paid and additionally unrealistic charge was applied for losing the key! It is easy to lose a key especially when you go to the beach to swim and you leave it lying on the towel. Another hotels We've been to, had safe boxes PIN protected - no keys at all.

Nice place to stay in general and great location!

• Stayed: March 2011, traveled as a couple