All reviewswonderful placelovely poololive oilmany thanksfarmhouselaurawineswinerytowerestatevillavignamarcotastingcharmweekguests
Reviewed April 23, 2015

Our family of 23 spent a week in Villa Petrolo and we were all extremely satisfied. The house was very well kept and there was more than enough rooms and beds for everyone. Some rooms were bigger than others but each had its own charm. The center of all activity was the dining room. The villa cook, Graziella, cooked up amazing homemade dishes using the best ingredients from the Tuscan region. The estate is very peaceful but quite isolated, especially at night but that's all part of the fun. It's a great base to see the rest of Tuscany because it's quite near all the other must see cities. We would definitely come back here.

• Stayed: April 2015, traveled with family
2  Thank Migi M
Petrolo, Manager at Petrolo, responded to this reviewResponded July 7, 2015

Dear Migi,
Hope all is well in Manila!
Your family was lovely and I'm glad they all spent a good time toghether.
I know it can be quite a surprise to discover the only noises at night are crickets and frogs (and occasional bell of dears!)
Looking forward to meet you again!
Marco

Reviewed September 20, 2014 via mobile

10 of us stayed very comfortably in one of Petrolo's villas. The house is well equipped with everything you need to self cater for a week. We embraced the Tuscan lifestyle and enjoyed family meals around the table in the heart of the house. We were also able to enjoy a BBQ outside on a balmy July evening.
The villa also had access to a beautiful shared pool. Perfect to cool off on a hot July day.
You have to have access to a car while staying at Petrolo but the location more than makes up for the need to drive places. The staff all speak good English and were able to give great recommendations for places to visit and also made restaurant reservations for us as tables for ten can be tricky in small towns.
We had a fantastic stay at Petrolo and I would highly recommend it to anyone wanting a relaxing stay in the Tuscan countryside. We certainly felt like we were living the Tuscan dream!

Stayed: July 2014
Reviewed August 7, 2014

I have stayed at Villa Petrolo on 3 occasions over the past 10 years and have always had a wonderful holiday. I travel with friends usually about 15-20 of us. The staff at Petrolo are amazing- always friendly and helpful. The views from the bedroom windows are amazing. I also love the history attached to Petrolo and the surrounding area especially the old Chapel on the road in from Mercatali. Would recommend this as a place to stay to anyone wanting a relaxing holiday but also not too far from the hustle & bustle of Montevarchi or Florence (Firenze). I hope to return for another holiday in the future.

Room Tip: Any room on the first floor
  • Stayed: September 2013, traveled with friends
Reviewed February 26, 2014

We had 5 couples in a house with a pool and a cook who provided excellent Tuscan dinners every night. Sienna and Florence are an easy drive, and exploring the Chianti region is lovely and rewarding. Even the villa itself with Della Robbia work in the chapel, a Roman tower, and the biggest white cattle you ever saw, is worth a jaunt around the grounds.

• Stayed: March 2013, traveled with friends
Reviewed December 8, 2013

On October 10, i was lucky enough to spend 9 days at the most wonderful villa in Tuscany...Villa Petrolo! The best part was the villa and it's comfortable feel and stunning views! There were 3 other main reasons this villa was amazing...Marco, Lorenzo and Sandra!! Now Lorenzo is a one man, "Superman", who can cook, teach, drive and make people smile! He is not a part of the villa, but smart Marco (who manages Petrolo) was smart enough to recommend a gem like Lorenzo! Speaking of Marco- well every thing we asked for from Marco was always...YES! I asked for ( 2 weeks before arriving) flowers to be put in the nine bedrooms of our guests for my birthday...done! I asked for 16 personalized aprons for my cooking class( with Lorenzo The Great)...done! I asked for a private tour of the Galatron Tower and vineyard & cellar...done! Superb dinner reservations and directions (which we messed up regularly) four nights...done! The word NO does not exist in Marco's vocabulary...by the way his English is superb! Sweet Sandra- always wanted to please, made an amazing spread at breakfast every morning, made beds and cleaned up after 16 with a smile and a grace that just made you love her even more! Thank you all - we love and miss you all -and if you get the chance, don't pass up this amazing place...once in a lifetime!!!!! xoxoxo

Room Tip: all room are very Tuscan- true and clean and comfortable- not fancy.
  • Stayed: October 2013, traveled with friends
1  Thank places2goConnecticut
MarcoDOrazio, Responsabile reception at Petrolo, responded to this reviewResponded January 16, 2014

You got me, Sandra and Lorenzo blushing! Thanks!! You put us in a difficult position now you know... :) We'll have to meet ever higher expectations from now on!!! I enjoyed your group as much as you loved Lorenzo's kitchen.hope to have you here at Petrolo for the next anniversary!! Marco.