My family and I went to Petrolo to celebrate my 50th birthday in mid-September. We stayed in the Vigna house. The whole experience was incredibly relaxing. You are literally in the middle of a field of vines. The house itself is clean and rustic and rather basic but it goes so wonderfully well with the overall setting. The peacefulness and the raw beauty of the surrounding landscape is so soothing. We were only five people but could easily have been five more given the five bedrooms. We stocked up at the excellent Coop supermarket in Montevarchi and stayed in the house two out of five nights. For the other three we got very good recommendations. We were exceptionally well taken care of by Marco and Nada and you really get a sense of being a valued guest. This is not a hotel but the help we got with transports, reservations and advice was better than what you get from most concierge desks. When Nada and Marco were off, head winemaker Stefano pitched in. This is a truly family-run place and you feel it as a guest. Thanks to all of you. We hope to be back!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Petrolo owns lovely farm holiday houses and an XVIII century Villa ideal for large groups, events and celebrations. Petrolo is in the south-eastern side of the Chianti hills and dominates the panorama of the Valdarno valley. Between 30 to 50 km from Florence, Siena and Arezzo, Petrolo is placed in an area full of charm, the ideal base for discovering Tuscan renowned history, art, food and wine. Perfect location to relax soaking-in the unaffected natural comfort of our countryside, among vineyards and olive groves, maybe diving in our swimming pools or getting to the near Thermal Baths. Petrolo is a winery passionately producing award-winning wines and organic Extra Virgin Olive Oil. Landmark of the estate is the medieval watchtower of Galatrona while precious renaissance works by Giovanni Della Robbia can be found in the old Parish Church of Galatrona, facing Villa Petrolo. We are pleased to offer to our guests a visit of our winery with tasting. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Hotels.com, Travelocity, Orbitz, Priceline, Booking.com and Agoda so you can book your Petrolo reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Tenuta Di Petrolo Hotel Mercatale Valdarno
- Petrolo Mercatale Valdarno, Italy - Tuscany